My First True Oh S#&t Moment!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First True Oh S#&t Moment!

So I was riding with 2 of my friends last night (GSX-R1000 and TL-1000R) and they were in front of me on a red arrow left turn light. When the arrow hit green, the gsx-r went first, the TL followed and I came in a distant third. As I was approaching the apex of the turn, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, the car directly across from us making a right turn....into my lane!

Without going into a panic state, I implemented one of Keith Code's important philosophies: "Whenever in doubt, gas it!" I leaned into the turn more and rolled on the throttle. It happened so quickly I didnt have time to be scared. When that a$$hole came up to the light, I exchanged some hearty words with him.

Right when I get on the bike, I always repeat to myself at least 20x to never let off the throttle! As I'm riding and taking turns, I repeat it over and over. For any of you who are looking into a credible publication, pick up "Twist of the Wrist II" by Keith Code.

E

Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Default RE: My First True Oh S#&t Moment!

lol be careful with hearty words when it's you vs SUV or automobile.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:07 AM

If someone made an honest mistake and 'didnt see me', i'm in his blind spot, then that's one thing. If it's my right of way, someones on the cell phone, not paying attention, then eff that! I will go down and beat em to a pulp. I'm not trying to act macho or anything, i just don't want to get hurt when it's unneccessary. If these cagers don't hear it, then they won't be careful the next time.

You can never pay full time attention, because a lot of times it's not your fault, but you have to pay for it regardless.When youre riding a bike, youre life's on the line every second.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:16 AM

Yeah, unfortunately some cagers really just don't give a ****, as bad as that is to hear or say. Like they expect you and me to watch what they do because we're so "mobile" and can work around everyone elses retarded decisions on the road lol.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 AM

Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it! Thanks bro

Old 09-06-2007, 08:35 AM

lol Yeah no problem, I mean I wasn't telling you what to do or whatever, I'm just saying from what I've experienced that there are some people who could care less, and couldn't give a rats *** even if they did hit you, you know? I remember i was making a trip back to NY, and was on 495, beltway around DC, and I was cruising next to this lady.. She physically looked to her left, and looked at me there, and started coming left into my lane, so I changed lanes, got up next to her again, and gave her the WTF look, and she did it again.. lol. So I was like whatever... some people will be rediculous. Karma's a bitch, and everyone gets theirs, so don't feel too compelled to beat the **** out of someone =P

Old 09-06-2007, 09:45 AM

Yeah, that's true. Where I'm from though, that's not what I was taught. A friend of mine broke a girl's mirror (new S4) when she tried to run him on a 495 exit, overpass to 66. I guess it's gut reaction. Maybe with more time and miles under my belt, I'll start to notice this stuff and handle it better. And youre right, karma is a bitch!

E

Old 09-06-2007, 11:24 AM

Instinct built from common knowledge and experience will be what bails your *** out of situations like this. Good job. I've seen it over and over where cars are just so ignorant and if it weren't for my quick actions/decisions I'd have a hard time typing this very sentence, if not worse. The funny thing is, I've almost been in more accidents on the bike in the last 5 months I've owned it then I have in my truck for the past 3 years!!! It's sooo worth the risk though!!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:20 PM

i hate it when cagers turn right in their red on my green left arrow. recently, a cager was creeping up ready to turn right on my green arrow, im approaching my turn shaking my head, 'no, no' to him, pointing to my arrow. he proceeded and turned in front of me and a university cop saw the whole thing (me trying to point at my arrow caught his attention)and pulled him right over with lights after the turn, lol. gotcha! the school is also known to teach motorcycle safety courses too. ; )

Old 09-06-2007, 03:53 PM

sounds like a everyday commute to me...always look around your surroundings...you as a rider should always be alert...and road rage sucks people get shot around here...be cool and be courteous...

Quick Reply: My First True Oh S#&t Moment!