my first ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my first ticket

yep, reckless driving... doing a wheelie in front of a school. Kids thought it was great, cop thought it was stupid. $900.00 after talking to a judge. At least they didn't take my bike.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Muz

ORIGINAL: Repsol1

yep, reckless driving... doing a wheelie in front of a school. Kids thought it was great, cop thought it was stupid. $900.00 after talking to a judge. At least they didn't take my bike.
pmsl...maybe if was a whole heap of hot chicks it would of been worth it. I bet the kids even laughed at you. Haha I can just imagine it

Old 01-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Default RE: my first ticket (quick question)

ok, so i took the written portion of the motorcycle license test. i am going in the morning to take the road test. does anyone know exactly what is involved with that? i know that you have to bring someone with you with another vehicle to drive the officer and follow you, but what do they have you do? drive around the block or what? are you required to use hand signals or can you use the turn signals? some helpful hints would be nice.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Retired Administrator

wtf... you really have to have someone drive the officer around to watch you ride? Most states don't even have you take a riding portion if you have the MSF course. If you don't have the class, all you have to do is a simple parking lot test. I took my riding test in Ohio to speed up my process (didn't want to wait of the class). You do some of the basic things you learn in the MSF course. Cone weave, panic stop and follow some basic lines. It's simple, but the guy I had was nice and let me re-do a step that should have failed me. I didn't understand his directions for one of the tasks and with all of the other lines on the course, it's easy to get confused.

Good luck.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:02 AM

Yeah the parking lot test is difficult the first time. I failed it my first try but came back a week later with full understanding of what they were going to ask me to do and I got a perfect score.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:13 AM

what state did you get the ticket in??? what i don't understand is how getting the license now will drop the no license part?? n yes, you need someone to ride with you whose HAS a valid motorcycle license. Otherwise you'll have to put ur bike on a truck or trailer. But if you get your license 4 days after you got pulled over, they'll know that you didn't have a license then. Its like insurance. You get into an accident. a day later get insurance and expect them to pay for the damages. It doesnt work that way. maybe its different in ur state, but thats how it works in jersey

Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Worked for me...got a ticket in kentucky for improperly mounted license plate, no valid permit, no proof of insurance, no proof of license. BUT, if you notice, the endorsement on your license (at least in ohio) doesn't list the date on which you recieved your endorsement. Already had the MSF, so i got my license, took it and my insurance card down to the courthouse, and they dropped both charges. It's the same situation as if you were pulled over in your car and had forgotten your drivers license. You get the ticket, but if you take it in to show that you do have one, they drop it. All your license shows is that you HAVE the endorsement, not when you got it. For all they know, you just left it at home. Dont wait til your court date to deal with the license citation---go down and deal with it ASAP, as the people at the counter will be more lenient and ask fewer questions than the judge.

At least that's how it worked for me in ohio and kentucky.

-Adam

Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 PM

took the test this morning. nailed it. i was sweatin over nuthin. anyway, now i am legal and when i go to court the ticket for no license will be dropped. thanks for all your input.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:29 AM

Don't trip about the ticket. I was doing 125 with my buddy and i came around this corner and i saw this car just sitting on the side of the road. I immediately knew it was a cop so i popped up from tucked position and put on the breaks. After getting in the middle of the road pointing at me and screaming (like i could hear him...) the cop got in his car and followed. He pulled me over and said he got me going 107 in a 60. He didn't give me negligent or reckless cuz i slowed down. I work for ups so i get free legal service so i called up an attorney and he got me out of the ticket. Just get an attorney for a couple hundread then you don't have to worry about the ticket going to your car insurance (and bike insurance if you have it).

Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 AM

Luckily I haven't yet. Knock on wood. 30 MPH over would be a hell of a ticket....

Quick Reply: my first ticket