my first ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first ticket

[:@]well, i got my first ticket last night. never even saw the SOB. he says i was doing 75 in a 45 (LIAR). any way, have any of you been busted yet?

Old 01-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my first ticket

If you think the cop is lying then with out a doubt fight it and complain to his/her supervisor. If not then take it like a man.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:13 PM

they got me and three of my friends in a speed trap, they where sitting on a overpass and as we went under it they clocked all four of us going 98 in a 55 about two miles up the rode from the overpass they had officers standing in the road flagging people over for speeding and we stopped (should've took off they couldn't have caught us by the time they got to their cars we would have been 2 miles up the rode) but we stopped and i kind of knew one of the officers, he brings his bike to the shop where i work, i thought he wasn't going to right us a ticket at first but he said his captain was the one running the radar gun on the overpass so he had to, but we all ended up getting 8 hours of driving school (cost 50.00) and court costs (75.00) and it won't go on our driving record.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:37 PM

man... sorry to hear that. so how fast WERE you going? and how much was the ticket for? also, how easy/difficult was it to install your CW fender kit? just ordered one of those...

Old 01-13-2006, 05:49 PM

in all honesty, oh what am i saying, we all know i was speeding. i know for a fact that i was not going over 60mph. i do plan on taking it to court. the guy was a total a-hole.

as for the CW fender eliminator. piece of cake to install. just a couple of holes to drill.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:02 PM

have u put a speedohealer on your bike? if not than you probably where going that fast, cops are kind of a**holes when your doing 30mph over the limit, your best bet is if you don't have a bad driving record is to ask the judge if you could possibly get driving school, if you got a bunch of speeding tickets on your record it wont matter what you say they are just going to look at your record and say you already have a habit of speeding so thy aren't going to believe you where only doing 60.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:52 PM

i got my ticket without ever getting out of first gear. 50 in a 30. here in florida, we have a ton of lawyers that just love to fight tickets and many of them get the charges dropped. this is the avenue that i took. it cost me $90 to have them take the case and the worst result that i can get is for the charge to be withdrawn, no points on my license and i have to pay the court costs. this is the same result that you get here from taking the traffic school so i figured the ninety bucks was better than sitting in class for four hours. thats four hours i could be working on my next ticket!

Old 01-13-2006, 08:48 PM

i dont have a lot of tickets on my record. i do not have a mortocycle license yet so that obviously is counting against me. i figured i will plead not guilty and go to court. i will have to get my license before i go to court and they should drop that charge.

what is a speadohealer?

Old 01-13-2006, 09:05 PM

a speedohealer is a thing that plugs in between your speedometer sensor and your gauge cluster and it correts your speed cause your speedometer is off from the factory and even worse off if you change your sprockets (more or less teeth), you will definetly need to get your motorycle license before you go to court and more than likely they will dismiss that charge, and i would just beg the judge if i could get driving school. here is a link to the speedohealer.

http://www.speedohealer.com./

Old 01-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your ticket. That sucks. Get a lawyer.

Quick Reply: my first ticket