My first Cycle is a 07 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first Cycle is a 07 600RR

Ludefreak-I wouldn't listen to any of these guys w/ experience. I just bought my 07 three weeks ago (my first bike) and just hit 163mph today with sandals on, shorts and no shirt. Just go fast and worry about turning and stopping later and what's this talk about a blinker, cjlerra.

Congrats on the bike!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Ludefreak-I wouldn't listen to any of these guys w/ experience. I just bought my 07 three weeks ago (my first bike) and just hit 163mph today with sandals on, shorts and no shirt. Just go fast and worry about turning and stopping later and what's this talk about a blinker, cjlerra.

Congrats on the bike!!!
i so hope u were fu*kin around.... if not
not only do u make the rest of us look lik asses to the rest of the general population,
but u and your bike will b in many pieces soon and not only will we b saying i told u so,
we will be calling dibbs on parts(granted they r not trashed)

Old 05-09-2007, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: KS67456

Congrats on the bike!!!
haha, another little person that thinks he knows it all or just seems like he is shooting his mouth off.
in either case, best of luck to you..
plus i dont believe that thing about shorts and sandals. your legs would have been freezing cold and you would not even have wanted to take you bike over 100mph...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 PM

No thanks on the recklesness, i got 4 wonderfull kids that are gonna wanna go to college someday... And i have no intention of ever riding without the proper gear.. I tried to get a walk-in spot at the riders course today and was denied i got there 45 minutes early and still couldnt get the spot apparently active duty military get priority... What a load.... Oh well i'll try again tomarrow, i hope the handicaped dont get priority cause id really like to start ridin to work at night.. .... AND NO IM NOT KNOCKIN THE MILITARY... ..... Whats the worst that can happen if i get caught ridin at night with my temps i wonder??? Any one from Ohio know?

Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 AM

Yes, I was definitely f&*%$ing around in my previous post. Although I was able to go over 100mph today w/o being cold because it was 85 degreesand sunny here in Tornadoville, KS.
So Lude, do listen to these guys. They have a lot of good info.

Congrats and good luck!!

Old 05-10-2007, 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

No thanks on the recklesness, i got 4 wonderfull kids that are gonna wanna go to college someday... And i have no intention of ever riding without the proper gear.. I tried to get a walk-in spot at the riders course today and was denied i got there 45 minutes early and still couldnt get the spot apparently active duty military get priority... What a load.... Oh well i'll try again tomarrow, i hope the handicaped dont get priority cause id really like to start ridin to work at night.. .... AND NO IM NOT KNOCKIN THE MILITARY... ..... Whats the worst that can happen if i get caught ridin at night with my temps i wonder??? Any one from Ohio know?
No ofense taken, but the reason military get priority is because we aren't allowed on base with the bike if we don't have the MSF course completed, so for some people it is the only way to get to work. hell, by regulations we aren't even supposed to ride the damn thing on our own time, off base without having taken the course, If we get caught our commanders can rip us a new one, and if, god forbid, something happens to us, TRICARE,(our Military health insurance), and SGLI (our life insurrance) won't pay a dime, because of what they call "line of duty determination" Bassically, if you don't play by their rules you're in dereliction of duty, and therefore not elegible to any of the benefits/protections granted by the service.
I tend to agree with the rule though, most military regulations are "written in blood" meaning, they came to be to prevent something bad from happening AGAIN, after it has already claimed lives. A sad fact of life of being in the buisness of "breaking things, and killing people"

Old 05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

No ofense taken, but the reason military get priority is because we aren't allowed on base with the bike if we don't have the MSF course completed, so for some people it is the only way to get to work. hell, by regulations we aren't even supposed to ride the damn thing on our own time, off base without having taken the course, If we get caught our commanders can rip us a new one, and if, god forbid, something happens to us, TRICARE,(our Military health insurance), and SGLI (our life insurrance) won't pay a dime, because of what they call "line of duty determination" Bassically, if you don't play by their rules you're in dereliction of duty, and therefore not elegible to any of the benefits/protections granted by the service.
I tend to agree with the rule though, most military regulations are "written in blood" meaning, they came to be to prevent something bad from happening AGAIN, after it has already claimed lives. A sad fact of life of being in the buisness of "breaking things, and killing people"
+1 for you. However I even like to take it a step further. A. Military get's priority because we can get deployed today, tomorrow, 10 minutes ago etc.. Also when we are riding in uniform on a bike, we have to wear reflective jacket. Yes they can rip us a new ****...but none the less, congratz on the bike...I am still waiting to buy my first one even though I road many a times...and the MSC (or whatever it's called) is a great course. I took it 3 years ago in PA (and had someone drop the bike but passed).

....oh btw I am stationed in Ohio

Old 05-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Yea i get it.. still think its chity... Where at in ohio are you stationed?? im up the road from WPAFB..

Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in cleveland...which I believe is about 2 hours difference..right?

Old 05-11-2007, 05:30 AM

Yea 2hours sounds right... Well i rode my 07 to work for the first time tonite,, first time on the main roads with traffic... Not bad i have to say, im still kickin... But rush hour on the way home in the morning will be a different story.... Well have a good weekend all and be safe..

Quick Reply: My first Cycle is a 07 600RR