My first Cycle is a 07 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first Cycle is a 07 600RR

if you're talking about the MSF Basic Riders Course, you can't use your own bike unless you're taking the advanced course.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:10 PM

Yea found out today when i called... oh well thanks for replying...

Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

Yea found out today when i called... oh well thanks for replying...
i'd laugh my *** off if some newbie came into the BRC with a SuperSport and even ATEMPT the box. that bike would be down like charlie brown! that'd be a waste of $100 (in wisconsin) cuz once you wreck, you fail completely...

Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 PM

well thanks for the vote of confidence... ya'll pay 100 bucks wow 25 here...

Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 AM

400 here....thats how we roll

Old 05-09-2007, 04:50 AM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

Good point on the war stories... As for the bike being to aggressive for a beginner i would have to say its only as aggressive as my right hand... Thanks all
aggressive does not mean fast. he meant the riding position, the brakes, and the handling.
Exactly.
Watch out for the rear brake, its a bit sensitive on that bike. I suggest you learn to use it and master it.

The back brake is more of a parking brake for hills for beginners that cant drive a clutch. Oh and for helping to lay it over when an SUV pulls out in front of you.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: TAPnTX

"Dress for the Crash, Not the Ride"

"It is better to sweat, Than Bleed"

You have a great bike, Congratulations, enjoy
+1
Make sure youinvest in riding gear and have iton at ALL times.

Also, I don't think its best to start with a new bike cos you WILL drop it, and its not IF but WHEN.
Not trying to scare you but you need to respect the machine and power between your legs or it could bite you. Since you already got the bike, just be careful out there,lots oflunatics driving cages around and all sorts. Do the course, don't rush your learning,be patient and it will all come to you.

Its a great bike and you'll love every bit of it. That bike is my next project. [8D]

Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM

No doubt about respecting the machine... I invested in an icon accelerent jacket and an hjc helmet, i got some plain gloves by joe rocket but dont really like them i tend to get a better grip without.. any other gear ya'll think ineed? I have already droped it once backing it out of my garage when my foot slipped out from under me, and down we went.. Didnt scratch or damage anything thank god was in the grass... but man it was a bitch to get back up...Hopefully that will be the extent of the dropsies... I'm going in today for the riders course trying to get in as a walk in, otherwise i have to wait till june 20, so far ive only been riding around my neighborhood so i can get used to the starts and stops, etc... Thanks to all for thr support and advice...One of the hardest thing im finding is turning off my damn turn signal....keep forgetting i gotta do it manually... thanks again..

Old 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM

I just got my first bike last week, an 02 silver/red F4i. it only has 2700 miles, totally perfect. I went for a ride around my neighborhood last night and again this afternoon. Has a slight mishap today, i was going to bust a u-turn on my street and i must have been in 2nd gear or let the clutch out as my bike lurched forward toward the curb. As it was my 2nd time on the bike i panicked and ended up laying the bike down very very easily. Got a tiny scratch on the mirror and crank case (I believe its called). The crank case is metal and scratches very easily and the smallest scratch on the left front fairing. How much does it cost to replace the crank case? I am not worried about the plastic because you have to be staring right at it to even see it, it is so minor just frusturating.By the way, i cant believe how fast these things are, its ****ing INSANE. Safe riding everyone, including to myself.

-Chris 02F4i

Old 05-09-2007, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: cjlerra

I just got my first bike last week, an 02 silver/red F4i. it only has 2700 miles, totally perfect. I went for a ride around my neighborhood last night and again this afternoon. Has a slight mishap today, i was going to bust a u-turn on my street and i must have been in 2nd gear or let the clutch out as my bike lurched forward toward the curb. As it was my 2nd time on the bike i panicked and ended up laying the bike down very very easily. Got a tiny scratch on the mirror and crank case (I believe its called). The crank case is metal and scratches very easily and the smallest scratch on the left front fairing. How much does it cost to replace the crank case? I am not worried about the plastic because you have to be staring right at it to even see it, it is so minor just frusturating.By the way, i cant believe how fast these things are, its ****ing INSANE. Safe riding everyone, including to myself.

-Chris 02F4i
You should definately go take an MSF course, if nothing else they POUND low speed steering/control into you.

Quick Reply: My first Cycle is a 07 600RR