My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008 | 11:31 PM
Default RE: My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*

ORIGINAL: kr1s

I'm a white boy in Miami! No seriously, when I first moved to Miami 6 years ago, I was lost and was pulled over and asked "Are you buying or lost?" I replied with "Buying what?" The cop then told me to follow him so I did. He told me I was in a bad section and that I could have been killed for my car. Ever since then, I carry a small gun concealed with my PERMIT. I have never had a run in thank God. I have a safe at the house with my others, but one stays on me either on my person or locked away...I have a wife and 3 kids. There are home invasions even in the nicest of neighborhoods here in Miami.

The closest I ever got was this...The bank I use for large deposits is downtown Miami. It was a Saturday afternoon just the wife and I. I had about $4K in checks I was depositing in the ATM. I had my gun in the car. I parked around the corner for the bank and told my wife I would be right back. I am aware of my surroundings and wasn't too concerned about a guy to my left. I get out, walk towards the bank, he is walking the opposite way. As soon as he sees me, he makes a beeline in my direction. I kept him in my peripheral vision and at the ATM I kept him in the mirror. He says, "Hey bro..." I gave him the "death WHAT?" as if I wasn't messing around. I remembered my gun was in my car and he was getting a little too close...maybe 25 yards. Right then, I hear my car start up, and my wife come sliding around the corner aiming at this guy with the car about to run him over. She rolled down the window and said, "Don't do it mother------....I will run your f------- a-- over." He took off like a bat out of hell. Good thing she didn't run him over as she would have had to jump the curb and my wheels would have been jacked!

So with that story, as true as it is, some people may argue that having a weapon for protection is stupid. Well, before this gets into a flame fest for my new butt, I figured I would post the above, as well as it is my right to carry. I am ex military, grew up in a cop household, still work for the DoD as a contractor and am cleared high enough to know what goes on in the world. I would say I am fairly responsible. It is my opinion that if a bad guy can have an illegal firearm to kill me with, I would like a legal one on me to at least die trying. Google Miami carjackings, you will see that EVEN IF YOU GIVE UP YOUR CAR, wallet, purse, what have you, YOU STILL DIE. You will be shot just because.

Sorry for my soapbox but I figured I would get the riot act if I didn't justify myself, even though I don't have to justify myself. I took the pic maybe to hear from other gun owners out there but if people don't like guns and it is offensive, then I will delete it.

Kris
Nice post, you seem like an intelligent guy. Nice bike, nice car, and nice house!

Old 04-26-2008 | 01:33 AM

Those are some nice looking toys, very clean. I'm also a sucker for black! I'm suprised no one has asked, but is that a Springfield XD 40?

Old 04-26-2008 | 12:35 PM

those are some beautiful rides man.

Old 04-26-2008 | 09:23 PM

nice rides, and your not joking about the gun...a white boy in Miami....you couldnt pay me enough to live there...

Old 04-26-2008 | 10:27 PM

sick car, and bike, and is that a p99, because thats what i'm trying to get whem i'm of age...

Old 04-27-2008 | 02:04 AM

damn, i regret that I didn't post my .9 ...my story was a little scarier than yours. Mother****er went upstair (outside of my apartment, stair to the pation for up and down) and point a gun at me. ****, i was paralized. I thought it was a dream or some sort of illusion that i was imagining..cause i never thought something like that will happen to me. What weird was that right when i went inside and put down my gun, then i decided to walk my dogs down for a walk..that's when it happened. The ****er was so lucky that I didn't carry my gun...I know a lof of people will be like..."you wouldn't shoot him">.....****, trust me..i would in a HEARTBEAT. Sorry i'm out of the subject but since you told about your story, i thought i should share mine too.

P.S Do you carry it while riding on the bike? If so, do you have the same problem of the gun was showing because the shirt keeps flying up on the back??? Mine does and eventhough i have my carry permit, i still feel uncomfortable letting people know that i have one....Can't help it while riding though

Old 04-27-2008 | 07:35 PM

Gorgeous bike, awsome car, and damn it the UK are too fu***ng soft to allow guns. I would love to carry and feel safe. I'm guessin the crime rate isn't as high as the US but it would still be awsome to own a gun haha.

Old 04-27-2008 | 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: kr1s

I'm a white boy in Miami! No seriously, when I first moved to Miami 6 years ago, I was lost and was pulled over and asked "Are you buying or lost?" I replied with "Buying what?" The cop then told me to follow him so I did. He told me I was in a bad section and that I could have been killed for my car. Ever since then, I carry a small gun concealed with my PERMIT. I have never had a run in thank God. I have a safe at the house with my others, but one stays on me either on my person or locked away...I have a wife and 3 kids. There are home invasions even in the nicest of neighborhoods here in Miami.

The closest I ever got was this...The bank I use for large deposits is downtown Miami. It was a Saturday afternoon just the wife and I. I had about $4K in checks I was depositing in the ATM. I had my gun in the car. I parked around the corner for the bank and told my wife I would be right back. I am aware of my surroundings and wasn't too concerned about a guy to my left. I get out, walk towards the bank, he is walking the opposite way. As soon as he sees me, he makes a beeline in my direction. I kept him in my peripheral vision and at the ATM I kept him in the mirror. He says, "Hey bro..." I gave him the "death WHAT?" as if I wasn't messing around. I remembered my gun was in my car and he was getting a little too close...maybe 25 yards. Right then, I hear my car start up, and my wife come sliding around the corner aiming at this guy with the car about to run him over. She rolled down the window and said, "Don't do it mother------....I will run your f------- a-- over." He took off like a bat out of hell. Good thing she didn't run him over as she would have had to jump the curb and my wheels would have been jacked!

So with that story, as true as it is, some people may argue that having a weapon for protection is stupid. Well, before this gets into a flame fest for my new butt, I figured I would post the above, as well as it is my right to carry. I am ex military, grew up in a cop household, still work for the DoD as a contractor and am cleared high enough to know what goes on in the world. I would say I am fairly responsible. It is my opinion that if a bad guy can have an illegal firearm to kill me with, I would like a legal one on me to at least die trying. Google Miami carjackings, you will see that EVEN IF YOU GIVE UP YOUR CAR, wallet, purse, what have you, YOU STILL DIE. You will be shot just because.

Sorry for my soapbox but I figured I would get the riot act if I didn't justify myself, even though I don't have to justify myself. I took the pic maybe to hear from other gun owners out there but if people don't like guns and it is offensive, then I will delete it.

Kris
Let me marry your wife !!! :P (jk)
wow ! just imagine that scene !! lol i bet you love her even more after what she pulled !

and can i had... you rich sob !!!!
nice rides man !

Old 04-28-2008 | 12:09 AM

Nice toys! Hey! I have that holster....
RB
Name:  SW.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  97.0 KB

Old 04-28-2008 | 12:38 AM

dude, that's an insult to someone even you're telling a joke. It's not like you know the man personally to say such things "let me marry your wife". No offense but i think its wrong.

Quick Reply: My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*