more newbie talk- update on mah skillz

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more newbie talk- update on mah skillz

first off, I wanted to thank everyone for being really helpful here. I also use TTORA, its a forum for toyota tacoma users, and that place is unpleasant to say the least, bunch of ****heads that yell at you to use the search function no matter the question. So thanks for your patience, and for helping the other newbies like me.

Anyways, I just dropped my tribal 06' RR off at the shop for the 600 mile service (dropped it off with 640 miles) I look forward to getting it back and running it a little bit higher and see what this bike can really do. I really sucked riding when I got it, but 600 miles later Iv showed alot of improvement

My worst thing though? its my right corners. For some reason I just dont like leaning right and I go much slower into right turns than I do into left ones. The guys at the bike shop looked at my rear tire and noticed it too, they are either good, or I really suck at right turns. Hopefully with time I'll pick it up, any of you ever have this before?

Anyways, just an update. Thanks again

Old 09-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Default RE: more newbie talk- update on mah skillz

Your probably sub-conciously(sp?) worried about crossing into the other lane. Once you get used to it, it will go away. Go take some MSF courses they will help build skill and confidence.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 PM

I don't like leaning right as much either. I don't really know why. I have approx 1/4 inch of chicken strip on the left of my rear tire and almost 3/4 on the right. Maybe because I'm right handed? I'm just not as comfortable with it so I don't push it.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right turns are always harder since you also have to work the gas and arm gets closer to the body making it feel awkward. lots of time and practice and you'll be fine.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM

got an insurance question too: I got full coverage set up for my bike, and its $117 a month. I dont have an endorsement yet, nor have I completed a basic bike course, both of which I plan to do. I have not had a ticket since the late 90's

How does my insurance stack up with yours?

Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Users

my insurance personally, now granted i have ONLY liability because i paid cash (i'll go full once all my mods are complete)...my insurance is about 260 i believe for the year.....but i am 29, married, nothing on my record in the last 6 years, own a home, have two cars, etc.....sooo...don't know how much help that gives ya...lol....

as for leaning, it comes...i started riding sept. of last year and now, i can say i am not "proficient" at turning, but i am comfortable either side...i can get into a better lean than when i started and can pretty much do it the same way...key thing is (at least for me)....ride a bunch, even if it's down the street to the corner to get something to drink...it will start making you more comfortable just being on the bike and the more comfortable you get, the less you panic when you attempt to lean a little.....

also, if you're like me, you will have "routes" you take...i go to and from work everyday on my bike so it's the same thing over and over....i have adjusted it so i take both right and left turns...sometimes you look at where you ride and you are primarily making one type of turn...if you can, adjust that so it's split a little more evenly, you'll be shocked that after a few weeks, those new turns will feel like nothing to you....

just some thought....happy riding and be safe!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM

You know...With all due respect to everyone else's insurance quotes, I dont think I've seen a better one than mine yet...Comprehensive/Collision (including theft) for $253/ yr. Last traffic violation was August 2000 (recently got a violation in June but was downgrading from a speeding ticket to a "Failure to Pay Full-Time Attention" ticket. Those are the exact words, hence the quotes! No points)

I don't mess around here in the VA. Cops are itching for paperwork. I let loose a lot better in MD. FYI, wreckless in VA has changed to 15mph over the limit.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Liability + theft/fire/etc on my 07 600RR --- $160/year state farm.

-Adam

Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Liability + theft/fire/etc on my 07 600RR --- $160/year state farm.

-Adam
I'll shut up now....hahaha. I got State Farm too

Old 09-14-2007, 03:28 PM

State Farm gives out insurance rates based on the displacement of the bike not what type of bike it is (cruiser, super sport ect...)....

I got quoted from a state farm agent for new bikes and it was redicously low (under $200 for a year). My car insurance also close to the same as what I am currently paying.

Quick Reply: more newbie talk- update on mah skillz