Might be parting her out

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be parting her out

Yep that's right. I got in a wreck in July and ended up rear ending a dumbass on the carpool lane. This dumbass decides to exit the carpool lane without signalling or paying attention to us fellow motorcycle riders. He changes lane, mind you the lane to the right has a very small opening, so he ended up stopping in between lanes. Since he didn't signal and came out of no where I rear ended him while going about 35mph. I hit the car, went up in the air, and landed on my fat ***. I fractured my pelvis and was taken to the hospital where I spent the weekend in bed. Luckily there wasn't any severe damage and I am up and walking, and riding . As for my 600RR she is down. It looks like I will have to replace the forks, handlebars, turn signal switch, right footrest, and tail fairing. Surprisingly the bike held up nicely. The headlights have some scratches and the tail has a gash and the seat was munched. It'll probably be cheaper to get an aftermarket body kit like sharkskinz or cheetah. At first I was thinking this would be a good time to do all the upgrades that I had wanted but then I found a good deal on an '05 busa and well I'm now considering selling/parting the 600RR. So I'm just posting to see what kind of interest there is on the bike. The only other issue I have seen on the bike besides the parts that need to be replaced is the engine is overheating. I haven't had the time to take her apart and see what is causing the overheating. I'm thinking it is something simple. Well that's my story.

P.S. Unfortunately I got the **** end of the stick since I only had liability coverage on it and the CHP officer found me at fault. I guess he took that guys story to be truth over mine.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Default RE: Might be parting her out

what year is ur bike

Old 09-07-2006, 02:46 AM

take him to court. the police officer has no authority to decide who is at fault.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:42 AM

It's a black 2005 600RR. I thought about going to court. I just dont want to end up wasting money and having him counter-sue.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:43 AM

How is the right front brake rotor?

And where are you located?

Old 09-07-2006, 01:47 PM

how much for your P.C.III and exhaust if you part it

Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Rotors are fine. I'm in Monrovia, CA (San Gabriel Valley) fading I sent you a PM.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:27 PM

i need the right and left intake cover, the ones infront of the tank. here is an example if you dont know what im talking about... let me know if you willing to sell, send me a PM.

example part is located at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160027737698