Mice anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mice anyone?

The dang mice in my garage are eating some (what appears to be black foam) from somewhere on my bike, I believe from the insides of my fairings. No telling what else they are getting there little claws/teeth into. I live in Va and they get in there during the winter, hadn't really bothered me until I noticed them eating my 05 up. Does anyone know if someone sells an electric mat that I can park on and fry the little furry freakers????? I don't have a cat and DONT want one, so please keep suggestions to mechanical/electrical means to git rid of the dang things................................PLEASE!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Default RE: Mice anyone?

LOL! That's some funny s**t, well, not really, but you know...hell, we had a post on here not too long ago about who brings their bike inside. There's a suggestion, just park it somewhere inside...you wouldn't leave your kid or a loved one out in the garage would you?

Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This idea could work.

Take a heavy duty plastic tarp used for awnings and such (usually about $10 bucks at Lowes) and lay it out where you are going to park. Park the bike on it, and then fold up the edges. Tie and duct tape it off at the top. They can't climb the tarp, and it'll be completely covered at the base.

To insure they still don't chew through the tarp, I would place either rat repellent or rat poison around the base of the bike all the way around. Check around the base of the tarp to make sure they haven't chewed their way through, and you should be fine.

........or........

You could get wire mesh (also at Lowes or Home Depot) and make a 2ft high wall-o-mesh around the bike area. Then get an power supply for an electric fence and attatch it to the wire mesh. I'm positive that'll keep them away (but I could also see myself forgetting about the "electric" part of it too and ending up pissing myself off.)

I'm sure the tarp and some rat repellent sould work fine.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:40 PM

mouse traps with peanut butter on them. they can't resist it

Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Just go to the store and by some strong scented fabric softner sheets.(the ones you put in the dryer). Put these on the bike and the mice will leave it alone.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:15 PM

I have heard about the dryer sheet thing working. I have seen mice chew wiring and kinds or stuff causing big problems.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: fulla
The dang mice in my garage are eating some (what appears to be black foam) from somewhere on my bike, I believe from the insides of my fairings.
dude,,,,,,, watchout now, little animals can go inside your muffler and air duct and get stuck there...... screw the foam make sure you block those airway holes....(old socks or rags. may be tape)

Old 03-13-2007, 03:02 PM

Mousetraps with some food would be your best bet and cheapest.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Thanks for all the tips, I actually thought about the big tarp thing today at work. I had never heard about the dryer sheets, my wife has a butt load of em from Costco. I think I gonna try the dryer sheets and the mouse traps w/PB. It that doesn't work, I'll have to break out the tarp!!!! Thanks again, Fulla

Old 03-14-2007, 12:55 AM

buy some moth ***** and surround your bike. the mice will not even come close to the bike.

Quick Reply: Mice anyone?