mappingg???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mappingg???

i went to my honda dealer today , try to get yoshimura rs-5 for my bike honda cbr 600rr. the dealer told me if i want to change my muffler i also have to do
remapping. is this true? what is remapping anyway? if i dont do remapping what will happen to my bike?

Old 11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: mappingg???

what he is talking about is your fuel management. The fuel injection is set to work with your stock exhaust and air intake. If you change them, you change the efficiency of your fuel injection. What he should have said was that you should consider a fuel management system, like Dynojet PCIII, so you can change your fuel mapping to work with your aftermarket mods. If you don't, you will not achieve the true benefit of the mods.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:36 AM

I second that

Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 AM

Your bike will run without any problems if you just add the slip-on and you don't HAVE to re-map...it's recommended, but not required. My bike has been un-mapped with a slip on since 2003 and she purrs like a kitten...

If you can't afford a Power Commander, get one when you have the extra cash, but don't go out of your way to get one because it doesn't add much to the bike...

Old 11-07-2005, 09:35 AM

Yeah i`ll confirm that too, I fitted the RS5 to mine without a pc3 for a remap first the bike ran fine and i still noticed some improvement in the midrange it just ran a little rich. But getting the fuel and air ratio`s sorted is always recomended after a change it`ll make your bike run perfect.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Retired Administrator

I didn't mean to make it sound like you HAD to go with his suggestions on mapping. From a salesmen point, he should have explained it better. But, like Fretless and Anubis said, you'll run fine without buying the PCIII and re-mapping. The story goes (notice I said story and not facts) to get the most out of the mods (exhaust/air intake) you have to remap. You can wear out your spark plugs faster by improper fuel mixtures and so on.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:50 AM

... to get the most out of the mods (exhaust/air intake) you have to remap

Yep,