Magnetic tank bag

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnetic tank bag

I know the 06 600rr has a plastic tank cover but the real gas tank is just underneath it more towards the front of the bike, does anyone know if the magnetic tank bags will stick? Doing a weekend trip and like the tank bags much better than strappin a bag to my back seat and hittin the road. If anyone has tried and gotten good/bad results let me know, would be appreciated.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Default RE: Magnetic tank bag

The gas tank is actually more towards the back of the tank cover, the front is the airbox. I just got a magnetic bag in the mail the other day, but have not tried it yet. I will let you know what I come up with!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

The gas tank is actually more towards the back of the tank cover, the front is the airbox.
I knew that....dont know wth I was thinkin, Ive only pulled off the tank plastic like 5 times. Brain fart I guess. I was going to try and hit some of the shops in town and just check one to see if it sticks but none of our bike shops have then in stock....[:@]

Old 03-20-2008, 08:59 AM

Where do you ride out of? My bike is not at my house, and whole bunch of stuff just got shipped to where my bike is, in that box is a bag. Ill be over to it on easter.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:00 AM

Other thing, which is my plan of it wont stick on its own, was to just crazyglue some high power but thin magnets to the inside of my tank plastic on the points where it isnt sticking.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 AM

It won't stick at all.Sorry but ive tried it.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Other thing, which is my plan of it wont stick on its own, was to just crazyglue some high power but thin magnets to the inside of my tank plastic on the points where it isnt sticking.
+1 I think hes got something there Whatson might deffinetly be worth a shot.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 AM

...just crazyglue some high power but thin magnets to the inside of my tank plastic on the points where it isnt sticking.
I read a while back about someone else who did this to his bike and he said it worked great.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Every sport bike out there has plastic covering the metal tank, yet they still market the tank bags that are designed for sport bikes. Maybe my logic is wrong here, but that tells me that there must be something to it. Can't speak from experience though.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:01 PM

I have had the same problem. The quick fix for me was to get a couple of short bungee straps and tie it down that way. I do like the idea of adhering magnets on the under side of the cover. I will give that a shot once the snow melts! Michigan winters suck!

Quick Reply: Magnetic tank bag