Made My Decision RR vs F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Made My Decision RR vs F4i

The extended warranty is a waste of money. You will never need it and read the terms, it really doesnt cover ****. Its a way for the dealer to get more money out of you. The bike comes with a one year warranty, and if you ride it enough during that first year then any problems that are prone to occur will occur during that time and will be covered by the warranty that comes with the bike. Any problems that occur after that will be cheaper to fix then buying the warranty. If you finance, dont buy GAP insurance either. Offer the dealer the original price you saw before it went up $400. If they were willing to take that price last month then I bet they will take it this month. If they say no then you should also say no or agree on some median price. Play hardball with them and shop around. Its easy to get excited and forget about the money involved in buying a bike. Its not like the bikes are flying off the shelves and I am willing to bet that most people dont even deal when they buy a bike, thats why people say that they go for msrp around their particular area because they are "more rare." Its not true, the RR is not a limited edition bike and there are more bikes for sale then there is demand for them. The dealer in my area had several RR's left over in the fall selling for 1500 off msrp (but they were still going to charge dealer prep and freight fees). A dealer who says its a rare bike and demands msrp is lying, they can get the bike through their dealer network without any problem. When faced with a serious buyer they will take a few hundred or more off their price to get the sale. The bike on your current insurance will be basically nothing, probably $30 at most per month for full coverage with $500 deductible.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Thanks guys! Good stuff. Much appreciated. I do have the advantage of being 47 with no tickets, etc., which puts me in a very low insurance brackett!! Some day dudes you'll appreciate it!!! Some bennies happen when you add some years!! Like man I can get my AARP card soon (my 2 teenage sons remind me with great hilarity)!!!

I reallly appreciate the suggestion on pricing. I think I will play hardball.

Now to the 07 changes. That bothers me. Cause I hate to buy the last year before something materially changes. It will cause the 06s and prior generation to lose value in the resale market pretty dramatically. Any word on what's coming???

One final thought, if the 07 change is truly coming & signicant, then I might be better served to buy some older used bike that I can spend a year on learning & practising, and then fo 600RR when the new one shows up??? What ya think?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 PM

usually when i buy sometimes myself, i plan on keeping it z06.. well most people do (they just dont for see the future, like having a baby or getting married).. dont worry about the price going down, right when you take that bike off the dealership lot you lost 30% of the value like any vehicle.. seeing how you have the advantage of being past the raising of kids and you probbly already tied the knot with a woman, you wont be getting rid of your bike if you fall in love with riding.. And then after a couple of years it become more priceless then worth selling to upgrade to another bike..

It's still not a bad idea to get a new 600RR, you know.

also highrevver, where do you live at? well i know for sure not in a city, but $30 per month, you must have be a straight A student (for the discount) or parents put you are partisal rider? or maybe you got zip on your record..

also mazdajoe, thank you for the info.. I'm going to the honda dealership today, see what they got.. I'm better buying one off in cour d'alene, Idaho - i know their dealership doesnt sell many bullet bikes (the people up there are into quads and motocross).. so i might check prices up there too..

good luck jet jockey with whatever you decide, you always got time man..

Old 02-02-2006, 04:35 PM

well just got back from the dealership.. he was saying 7.3K, he didnt say if we are talking new or used.. but i was like "uhhh" then he was like we could probbly get you out of here for 7K.. i just said "well i'm going to look around some more".. i believe he was trying to screw me, 20 years old - only owned one bike before.. he thought easy pickings.. I'm better off with a private owner i think.. something like this "2003 HONDA CBR600RR, blk, low miles, garaged, Marchefini forged ten spokes, 520 gold conversion, spk race slip on, new Michelin Pilot power tires, and more, $6,900" but still looking, i might call up my friend in Idaho and see if he can bargain with the dealer up there, see if i can get a nice discount up there

[IMG]local://upfiles/4526/978EECDAB6084F6DAA5F097C284E671F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

well just got back from the dealership.. he was saying 7.3K, he didnt say if we are talking new or used.. but i was like "uhhh" then he was like we could probbly get you out of here for 7K.. i just said "well i'm going to look around some more".. i believe he was trying to screw me, 20 years old - only owned one bike before.. he thought easy pickings.. I'm better off with a private owner i think.. something like this "2003 HONDA CBR600RR, blk, low miles, garaged, Marchefini forged ten spokes, 520 gold conversion, spk race slip on, new Michelin Pilot power tires, and more, $6,900" but still looking, i might call up my friend in Idaho and see if he can bargain with the dealer up there, see if i can get a nice discount up there

[IMG]local://upfiles/4526/978EECDAB6084F6DAA5F097C284E671F.jpg[/IMG]
If he's talking NEW, then $7K out the door is fantastic!! Plus you got a full year's warranty.

JMO,

Old 02-02-2006, 04:56 PM

Insurance is just the same as cars, one company may want an outrageous amount of money and another may give you such a good deal that it feels like you are getting a steal, just shop around dude. in the end i always say insurance is the worlds biggest legal scam. Like Chris Rock said, "at the end of the year, if i don't get into any wrecks, shouldn't I get some of my money back?"

Old 02-02-2006, 05:56 PM

"do you really feel insured? i mean if i knew you were going to keep the money, i would get in an accident.. and if your going to keep my money, use it for something useful - dont use my money and buy a ferrai" i forget the rest but i love that movie.. "tige-r tig tig tiger woods yall"

and i guess $7K out the door (if it's new) is good, but i mean it's all stock.. the other bike im looking at is 6.9K (which is obo, so like 6.5K or less) and it's got some upgrades...

the warrenty is the only thing that is good, but after wrecking my first bike.. I'm taking it easy this time.. no more stupid **** - so i dont believe i need a brand spanking new bike with a warrenty.. idk, one of my friends knows a guy that is a 702 boy (it's a stunt team in Vegas) and he might be able to find me a nice deal..

and still i dont know if the dealer was talking about a new bike for $7K, never know - might like to get a nice conmission off me (a-holes..)

Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mazdajoe
Offer the dealer the original price you saw before it went up $400. If they were willing to take that price last month then I bet they will take it this month. If they say no then you should also say no or agree on some median price. Play hardball with them and shop around. Its easy to get excited and forget about the money involved in buying a bike. Its not like the bikes are flying off the shelves
I can see mazda's point about an extended warranty and maybe gap insurance but from what I've heard the place Jet Jockey is looking to buy his bike has the best prices in the country and at times literally have people standing in line to buy Honda's from them because of it. In fact I am heading down to the same dealer in March on a two day road trip because it will save me at least $1000 if I do.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:34 PM

Go with state farm 23 yrs 302/year for full coverage.

Zip 95060

Old 02-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Congrats on the new bike and good job going for the RR.. its what i have. i like the more aggressive feel over the F4i. but as far as insurence, its going to varry from each guy to the other... im getting screwed on insurence probably because im 21... i have to pay $120 each month. but as far as new or used... i got my Honda Brand new and it was a joy. it was way better than getting a used bike. nothing rides like a brand new bike just after the first service and your tires are completely broken in. either way you're going to be a happy camper. so Good luck and ride safe

Quick Reply: Made My Decision RR vs F4i