Looking for Carbon Fiber Body Work

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Carbon Fiber Body Work

I'm interested in addinig some carbon fiber bodywork to go with the "black-out" look I'm putting on my 2004 600RR...anybody know where I can get some? All I've been able to find is sprocket covers and chain guards, and of course the front fender. What I'm looking forare both lowers (which are grey on my bike), and the side seat covers.

Also, I would throw a carbon fiber chain guard and rear hugger on there too...if found for the right price.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Looking for Carbon Fiber Body Work

this one isgood http://www.oppracing.com/

Old 02-19-2008, 01:24 PM

I just ordered the case covers and exhaust heat sheild from that site. Let you know what type of delivery time they have product quality when they get here....

Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM

That's a good site, but what they offer as body work doesn't work with OEM plastics...plus the chain guard isn't what mine looks like either for '03-'04.

Rocket, I'm interested in what the heat sheild is like...post some pics when you get it mounted. I've thought about the case covers, but I don't really need them if I'm going to be powdercoating the OEM ones.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:28 PM

Someone posted this site on here a while ago, but it has some nice stuff on it.

http://carbonfiberworks.com/

Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Akrapovic actually is making carbon-fiber stuff for bikes now............kind of cool how a company only involved in exhausts before is branching out like that.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:16 PM

I just got some carbon fiber stuff for my RR... Hugger came today and I am still waiting on heel guards and theheat shield, then I will be looking for a sprocket cover. I was playing withmore than that but we shall see when the time comes

Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM

I've had no problem finding carbon fiber stuff for the bike...huggers, heat sheilds, chain guards and I got the carbon fiber front sprocket cover from Jerley07 on here for a GREAT price (thx again, man) but what I need is the lower (found the one piece racing one on oppracing.com, but should I spend $550 on a piece I'm not sure will fit OEM's?) and the side seat covers.

Anybody know anything that can help me out? Check this pic...this is the only bike I've ever seen with it done...

Name:  RightSide.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  110.2 KB

I believe that is the one piece race carbon fiber lower (oppracing.com)...somehow this guy got it to work with his OEM's. I'm not so sure I can spend that much $ on a maybe. I emailed him as to how he did it, but he never got back to me. Anybody know something that can help me to mount the race fairing with the OEM's?

Old 02-23-2008, 09:59 AM

So the guy that had that yellow RR got back to me...the site is

FeatherCarbon.com

They have alot of nice looking carbon fiber pieces for RR's and the prices seem very reasonable. I'll post on how the pieces look when I start to get them.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM

OPPracing sucks for quality about half the time they are good, the other half they suck. VisionSuperbikes Carbon Fiber rules

Chain guard $95.
Lowers $399. for the pair.

OPP only offers racing type fairings, mine are street and use top quality materials. Another stupid thing with OPP is the weave of carbon fiber they use plain weave sometimes, other times twill weave.. you don't know wtf your getting when you order from them.

I'm in the process now of making tooling for the 600rr models. I have in stock the 03-04 front carbon fender.. thick and is very nice quality.

I can also make those side covers that go inbetween the seat and the tank.

Quick Reply: Looking for Carbon Fiber Body Work