Lookin at the RR for my first

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin at the RR for my first

whats up everyone! newb here looking for my first bike. a good friend just bough tone and now its on to find one! He got an R6 and I am looking at the Gixxer's and the RR's. A few things I have read and seen so far that I dont like

No slipper clutch
Stiffest throttle out of the 600's
Hard to delete the "mud flap" because its UNDER the exhaust.

things I like
seems to be the fastest bike out there for 07
high ratings in mags
elec steering damper

any more insight I cna get from all of you owners would be great! Thanks!

Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Default RE: Lookin at the RR for my first

Get a GSXR 1000 they wheelie the best and have mad power for a first time bike..youll smoke your friends R6..and it doesnt have a mudflap..get ready..

Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Lookin4abike

whats up everyone! newb here looking for my first bike. a good friend just bough tone and now its on to find one! He got an R6 and I am looking at the Gixxer's and the RR's. A few things I have read and seen so far that I dont like

No slipper clutch (wont make a difference if this if this is your first bike, anyway, your index and middle finger on your left hand do the exact same thing :-p)
Stiffest throttle out of the 600's (lol are you serious? they put crap like this in an article? lol)
Hard to delete the "mud flap" because its UNDER the exhaust.(it may be harder than the r6 or gsx-r, but not that bad to tell you the truth)

things I like
seems to be the fastest bike out there for 07 (had the fastest 1/4 mile of all the 600s for 2006 as well, even the 636 and the new r6, believe it or not)
high ratings in mags (you can never beat a honda on overall reliability, and street manners, but like you read, for 2007, honda's the best on the track as well)
elec steering damper (yea i want an 07... lol)

any more insight I cna get from all of you owners would be great! Thanks!
honda takes it hands down as far as im concerned, but what did you expect, lol.

suzuki makes great bikes too, dont let me steer you away from them if you like them, pretty much the only thing that drove me towards a honda, is the fact that hondas have always been what i have ridden. i know how to work on them, i know exactly how reliable they are. i'm comfortable with hondas, if that makes sense.brand loyalty i suppose, lol

Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

Get a GSXR 1000 they wheelie the best and have mad power for a first time bike..youll smoke your friends R6..and it doesnt have a mudflap..get ready..
haha..no thanks man. I know that game..I will get eatin alove if I said I wanted a 1k. ****..the GSX guys are KILLIN me over aksing about a 600....

Old 04-25-2007, 04:44 PM

thanks man. my buddy has had his 600rr since 03 and he likes it. just weighing all the options ya know

Old 04-25-2007, 05:50 PM

haha..no thanks man. I know that game..I will get eatin alove if I said I wanted a 1k. ****..the GSX guys are KILLIN me over aksing about a 600....
And they are right to do such. A 600 sportbike (regardless of year or brand) is not a beginner's bike. Though few here on this board will actually admit that. Excuse while I now put on my flame retardant suit.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: abadfish

And they are right to do such. A 600 sportbike (regardless of year or brand) is not a beginner's bike. Though few here on this board will actually admit that. Excuse while I now put on my flame retardant suit.
take the suit off!! haha..im not here to argue about what is good for a first and whatnot. I'm here to debate the 600rr against others

Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM

Honda has been out since the Harley and it is the most reliable engine in the world. My 06 600rr is wicked fast, and spanks my bestfrieds gsxr,636, and r6 everyweek.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 PM

take the suit off!! haha..im not here to argue about what is good for a first and whatnot. I'm here to debate the 600rr against others
and what you want it for none of them are the best. do you even know what a slipper clutch is? do you realize that the R6 doesn't have a slipper clutch either? it's a slipper LIKE clutch... not the same. go find a F2 or SV650 or some other standard sport bike before you look at the triple digit HP bikes. otherwise you are bound to make poor riding habits, and i'm sure we wont hear from you soon there after. take our advice. your friend made a poor decision.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

and what you want it for none of them are the best. do you even know what a slipper clutch is? do you realize that the R6 doesn't have a slipper clutch either? it's a slipper LIKE clutch... not the same. go find a F2 or SV650 or some other standard sport bike before you look at the triple digit HP bikes. otherwise you are bound to make poor riding habits, and i'm sure we wont hear from you soon there after. take our advice. your friend made a poor decision.
He speaks the truth.

Quick Reply: Lookin at the RR for my first