A little Tire Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A little Tire Help

Hey guys,I posted earlier today in regards to gettin my bike certified. The guy passed my bike, but told me i could use some new tires.. i know there are a hundred posts on which tires are the best (power pilots seems to win) but anyways i called my local royal distributing center and they gave me prices on 3 diff tires...

MichelinePower Pilots $393.00 for front and rear

Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 $413.00 ' '

Bridgestone Battlax BT012R $312.00 ' '

im sure i can find a better price online, but what im really wondering is what tire would probably suit me the best.. this is my first bike, so i wont be doing any hardcore riding or leaning to hard around any corners etc etc, i'll just be more or less crusin around the city streets..Would i really notice that big of a diff between the 3 diff tire types???? right now icurrently havethe bridgestones on that need replacing.. Money is a little tight, and im just wondering if spending the extra 100 bucks is worth it ????

Thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Default RE: A little Tire Help

Also, if anyone knows a good place to find tires online and will ship to canada , let me know, id appreciate it

thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pilot Roads will suit you perfectly, especially if you ever plan on rain-riding. Great tire. It's a little harder rubber compound which generally means two things:

1) Longer wear
2) Not as good grip as a soft tire

Research, research, research and research some more. When you think you've done too much reasearching, research a little more. There's not much more important than the right tires on your bike. They have to suit your riding style in your riding environment. Otherwise you're just going to end up wasting money on a tire that was developed and carries a high price tag for to perform awesome for other riders. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 PM

Heres a place I found http://www.ridedirect.com/showProduc...&cat_id=41. Once again free shipping on orders over $200.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:25 PM

stay awawy from the battlax

my friend has em on his gixxer and they dont grip well at all, and wear very fast

consequently hes getting pilot 2 CT's today.. haha

Old 04-19-2008, 09:42 PM

Continental Sport Atacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! CHECK THEM OUT!

Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 AM

Michelin PP Race Medium... 289 a pair on motorcycletoystore.com. They dont last forever, but if you are only using your bike as a 'toy'. Like a weekend rider deal, then whats the point of getting endurance tires. Go with something that sticks like hell, cause at the end of the day thats what matters. If you dont want the Race spec ones, the look at the CT2's.... They have the road compound in the centers, to help keep the endurance up, and then the race compound in the sidewalls for super lean-grip.

The one thing that I noticed the most, when I switched from the stock dunlops to the PP Race Med's was the following. There is less contact area when centered then the dunlops, they slip a lot more when I am straight up. However, they stick much better in a lean. To me, it feels like the average street tire has max grip when vertical, with a decreasing contact patch as the lean increases. The PP Race Mediums feel like they have the same contact patch no matter where you are. This is great cause it holds full lean like a mother-f, but is a little slippy when straight up, when throttle smashing is fun. Also, these tires love the sidewalls, the bike dips so much more eagerly over the stockies, with much more stability.

Hope that could help....

Old 04-20-2008, 03:08 AM

Dude
If you have time order online

save yourself 150 bux or so

so what if you have to drag them up to a dealer and pay 25 per tire to mount and balance

that'll still save you about a $100 and you can guy MORE STUFF FOR THE BIKE

http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e...x.cgi?pid=3142

Old 04-21-2008, 09:41 AM

Doesn't anyone use the search option on here? Tires every 5th thread now...

https://cbrforum.com/m_524687/tm.htm(see post #23)

I got a set of Pilot Powers for $239 shipped to my door from:
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=678

Wait the extra time and save the $. Order them online.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 AM

I picked up a pair of pilot powers today..............

Quick Reply: A little Tire Help