Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A little help pls

This is one of those bull**** threads

I'm bored so i'll bite,you must have a hard time putting the stand down

Old 08-04-2007, 01:26 AM

Hehe okay,

Thanks every1 for the feed back. I'll shoot for taller boots instead. I'd just thought I'd be safer if I can get both feet flat on the ground. I do agree the look is a tad bit duller with the bike being lower and hence leveled looking. I do prefer the back seat slanting towards the front wheel look.

Kikn

Old 08-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, I have to chime in. You bought a brand new bike (an INCREDIBLE handling 07 600RR) that Honda spent MILLIONS of dollars to make handle like that, and you completely axed all of that the second you put on the drop kit.

I don't mean to sound brash, mean, or irritated (I really don't). So I'm just going to say it.

When you sat on the bike at the dealer, did you ever think that maybe it was too big of a bike for you? Again.....I really don't mean to sound like an ***, but if you are short, you probably would have been better off with a bike that didn't have the highest seat height in it's class. Hell, I'm 6' 1" and sometimes, If I sit a little further back, I can't flat-foot my 06 600RR with both feet. All you have to do is have one foot on the ground. (which, you'll be doing anyway since your right foot is supposed to stay on the rear brake anyway.)

So I have to agree with Dragonium and Knightslugger here. (and hope that Fretless doesn't show up on here and find this thread. )

By the way, most of us are "sexually-frustrated, pissed off at the world, hates everyone equal" type of people on here......so don't take our "making you feel like crap" too seriously.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:35 AM

I love the way the CBR's look, was gonna buy the slimmer 1000cc R1 (R6 was too wide and big) but the sales guy convince me to go slow and try the 600cc first for a first timer

Only bike I like in the shop was the Suzuki Ninja, Yamaha R1 and the CBR 600rr. All others were too ugly looking.

Anything less than a 600cc I'd go a Super Pocket Rocket 110cc @ 70mph.

How does lowering the bike kill the speed or performance since it is still the same 600cc engine? I know it kills the look a bit, aye.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:31 AM

suzuki Ninja, huh? dear oh dear...

look, you've got that typical American mentality about motorcycles. bigger engine = better, sexier looking = better. you've got no idea. 20 years ago, the fastest, most uninsurable motorcycle in the supersport world was the CBR600 weighing in at about 87 HP. what's changed? 20 hp, ridiculously sharp steering rake (The bike has electronic steering damper for a reason, it's naturally unstable during cornering with it's 23.7* rake. the only other bike below 24* is the triumph 675, and that has one too...), lighter weight, more ridged frames, and high revving hyper responsive motors. any idiot can hold on to the handles bars in a straight line. $500 says i could ride Stoner's MotoGP bike in a straight line. when you start turning, that's when you get into all kinds of trouble, and i'm not just talking about the bike. new riders like yourself have enough to worry about while riding to concern yourself with supersport riding characteristics second to second. riders like you often crash do to their own mistakes, and he mistake they made was exacerbated by the supersport motorcycle they were riding.

you're in it for the looks. i know you are. you want to be able to say "I've got a motorcycle. it's extremely fast". i know your type. i see a lot of your "class" crash... there's a list of all the 600rr.net riders who have purchased the 2007 CBR600 for first bikes and have crashed. it's a big list. we're trying to set you in the right direction for starting out riding the smart way. you're on a path the has a pretty high tenancy to end badly. if it's one thing i've learned from riding it's that no one really cares what bike you're on. if it's got two wheels, you're in. i hope that struck a cord with you. i hate to see you go down and have your ego bashed in by some angry ******* on the internet who told you it'd happen...

Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Wow, Slugger, you've got to be the biggest ******* I've seen yet on the forums.
Apparently we haven't met...I'm TheX and he's absolutely right.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

By the way, most of us are "sexually-frustrated, pissed off at the world, hates everyone equal" type of people on here......so don't take our "making you feel like crap" too seriously.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

First time I rode a bike was when I rode this bike home August 2, 2007. Scary!

Any suggestions, tips, etc is much apprciated.

Wow, that's a SERIOUS bike to be learning on. Be super careful, the urge to punch it can be overwhelming sometimes and those curves come at you in a hurry. Read up and learn about "target fixation." It's a real bitch!

Have you ridden dirtbikes or anything?