A little help pls

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help pls

Hello everyone,

I am 5'2". I just bought a 2007 CBR 600RR. I got it lowered with the 2007 lowering kit. I still have to tip toe on both feet to touch the ground.

My question here is how can I get it lower 2" to 3" more?

I am thinking of looking for 16 rims to replace the 17 rims to get it lower.
Also thinking of looking at thinner tires too.

Would either of those work and do they exist? Are there other alternatives? Cheaper alternatives?

First time I rode a bike was when I rode this bike home August 2, 2007. Scary!

Any suggestions, tips, etc is much apprciated.

Kikn

Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Default RE: A little help pls

i am 5'5 and i have an 07 i havent lowerd mine yet did u notice any diffrence i put a 190 pilot tire on it and love it im tiptoed to i like like ridin up like that tho

Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

Hello everyone,

I am 5'2". I just bought a 2007 CBR 600RR. I got it lowered with the 2007 lowering kit. I still have to tip toe on both feet to touch the ground.

My question here is how can I get it lower 2" to 3" more?

I am thinking of looking for 16 rims to replace the 17 rims to get it lower.
Also thinking of looking at thinner tires too.

Would either of those work and do they exist? Are there other alternatives? Cheaper alternatives?

First time I rode a bike was when I rode this bike home August 2, 2007. Scary!

Any suggestions, tips, etc is much apprciated.

Kikn
This is your first SuperSport isn't it slick? my oh my, YOU'VE certainly made some promising life decisions in your time, haven't you?

first of all, all you need on the ground is ONE FOOT. that's it. the bike only weighs 400 lbs dude. you can hold it up. if you can't, you shouldn't have gotten the bike. anyway, lowering the ride height of the motorcycle changes it's steering geometry. it's now more cruiser like with an increased steering rake so it isn't going to turn like you think. it's going to take a little more effort due to the HESD being tuned for a 23.7* rake. oh well, your mistake, not mine. You're a newbie who decided to buy a Supersport for their very first motorcycle. can't say you're the brightest light bulb in the box to begin with anyway so i guess you'd be totally oblivious.

16" rims huh? here's an idea, just drop it to the ground and grind the oil pan right off. that way when the engine siezes i can call dibs on all your parts. seriously, why not? You want to drop it 3.5"... do you have any idea what the ground clearance is on this machine? you go over a bump to get to Sonics and you might as well say g'buy to your oil pan and lower fairing. that's if they even exited in the first place.

i know it's not what you want to hear, but you're going about it all wrong. here's my tip: Go back to stock, learn how to keep the bike up on your left leg, and I STRONGLY RECCOMEND getting a different sports bike, like an EX500 (Standard Sport). SuperSports are not obviously for you.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 PM

Wow, Slugger, you've got to be the biggest ******* I've seen yet on the forums.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Only when it comes to this chit.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 PM

Hehe,

Thanks for your opinion slugger. With all your brains I guess one foot would work. I'm not like you though I need two feet. Besides what do you know about "low-riders" Doing fine with just 3" ground clearance on mine.

Kikn

Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 PM

BTW take a look at this ground clearance for a bike
http://www.sixty61.com/albums/Sixty61-bike-with-Babe/

Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 PM

yea i deff wouldnt lower it any more

Old 08-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Hey Lilgenesar,

To answer your question, I have no clue what your asking. It's my very first time on a real bike. I don't even know what slugger means with the "rake" thingy. All I know is if I want to do a U-ey (u-turn) in my car I just fish tail it with power. I just want to get as comfortable on this new bike of mine as I ammy car.

Already did 65 mph on my very first ride banking a 45 degree and did a U-ey on a 2 lane street if that helps on the lowering part.

Check out how low these bikes are!
http://www.sixty61.com/albums/Bike-Pics/

Old 08-04-2007, 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Oh no, there are definately bigger, but I agree with everything Knightslugger's said. His bedside manner may not be the best, but he know's his stuff and if you've been here long enough, you'll realize he speaks the truth and doesn't hold any punches. All you newbies out there should listen up (and it's obvious that most of you that have posted here are newbies).

Here's a tip to lower your bike more Kikn...deflate thetires. You might as well becausethe performanceyou're gonna get out of your bike is gonna be crap anyways. Do you really think that bike you posted is something that's ridden on the street on a daily basis. Look at the rubber, not a mark on it. There's a reason there's a chick posin' with it - IT'S A SHOW BIKE. The only mileage that thing has is from gettin' pushed to it's next photoshoot. Not something you should be modelling your bike after if you plan on ridin' over anything larger than a jellybean.

You should seriously consider getting a smaller bike like slugger suggested, or even the CBR125. Both those bikes will give you better performance than your 600RR if you go through with all those mods. In the end, you'll have spenta lot of money to ruin a perfectly good bike, that handles worse than the above mentioned bikes.