CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Liscense Plate Keeps coming off!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/liscense-plate-keeps-coming-off-49986/)

ryman546 09-19-2007 03:47 PM

RE: Liscense Plate Keeps coming off!!

a bolt washer and one of the locking nuts or whatever they are called.

03yellow6000RR 09-19-2007 04:42 PM

Thanks guys! Just needed to vent a little bit! I'll definitely look into the suggestions.

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Try not going 160MPH to school.
Fish, funny thing is I dont think I broke 45 the whole time....as I was in a 35 and 25 zone the whole way!

thecannibalchef 09-20-2007 09:03 AM

i would love to see your plate bracket! i just can't imagine that happening. but if your plate is so close to the tire and facing up so the tire grabs it and rips it off when the suspension compresses (instead of brushing past it if the plate is facing down), you'd better keep using fasteners that fail...

03yellow6000RR 09-20-2007 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: thecannibalchef

i would love to see your plate bracket! i just can't imagine that happening. but if your plate is so close to the tire and facing up so the tire grabs it and rips it off when the suspension compresses (instead of brushing past it if the plate is facing down), you'd better keep using fasteners that fail...

i just have the stock set up, no eliminator.

Bell407 09-20-2007 04:04 PM

Once maybe...but THREE times!

Worth thinking about...

Do you park it outside anywhere? Any friends (or enemies) who would loosen it for a pracitcal joke?

meanstrk 09-20-2007 04:44 PM

Go get some bolts and teflon insert nuts. Those will not back off or vibrate loose.

thecannibalchef 09-20-2007 07:38 PM

grab a flat piece of steel about 13" x 1" x 1/16" and bend the last inch of each end in at a 90 degree angle. poke 2 holes and put the rear passenger footpeg mounting bolts through them, and 2 more holes for the license plate. then it will be tucked out of the way, facing the tire, and plainly visible from the rear. grab one of those little pieces of aluminum or whatever they are that sit behind the plate and have a tab hanging off that you mount your inspection sticker on, and then youll be completely legal .. just gotta worry about a license plate light, but thats no big deal. the 13" was a guess, but i thinkti was close. get in there and measure it, and leave an inch on each end to fold in. just make sure it doesn't hang down too far from the muffler, or the tire will cover it up. then, get a clear alternatives taillight for the turn signals and that whole rear shovel will be gone!

PICsuspect 09-22-2007 06:44 PM

APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY! APOXY!

Oh yeah, did I firget to mention APOXY! lol.

thecannibalchef 09-22-2007 09:23 PM

i was wondering what a poxy was and then it hit me - epoxy! yeah, you could do that, but it's only as good as the prep work and the epoxy you use ...nuts n bolts are as good as the threadlocker you put on em and the mechanic tightening them down :P

Blue Fox 09-23-2007 01:29 AM

You lost your plates three times? Is your rear fender stock?

I have the "larry's fender eliminator" and that damn thing stayed on there even through my 70 mph lowside. I would suggest getting some lock washers, and check them everytime before you ride.