liquid additives

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: liquid additives

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Whoa. Some of these posts are pretty harsh, and all you asked is what people thought of additives, lol.

Anyway, not a big fan. I've used additives before, had bad experiences (premature sensor faliure, clogged injectors, gummy residue, etc.) But I haven't used one in a bike, and honestly, I really don't plan to. It's a new bike, I really shouldn't need to use anything.

Now as for the Unleaded/Premium stuff. WTF?? I don't understand where half the people on here are getting their information. Higher octane....cleaner burning. You're not "wasting" your money by spending an extra .40 cents PER TANK to get a higher octane gas. These are high-performance machines! Would you stick 87 octane in a Dodge Viper? Corvette? GT? Most of the comments on here are just false opinions with no facts to back them up.

The dude was asking a simple question and wanted feedback, not flaming.

Anyway, I'll stick to my Premium fuel and high-end Oil, regarless of what information anyone else want to blow out their ***.
Oh, but you are wasting your money. If your bike doens't knock, you are wasting your money. I bet you $100 you get better milage out of 87 than 92 b/c you actually use all the gas. It about compression dude, and NO you wouldn't put 87 in a viper or vette b/c those cars are made to use 92 octane (just like my car). You CBR is not- period. they have the same additives, just diff octane ratings. Do what you will.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 PM

I bet you $100 you get better milage out of 87 than 92 b/c you actually use all the gas.
i'll take that bet and i'll raise it to $1000.00, 92 octane is more combustable than 87, you got it backwards.
Most of the comments on here are just false opinions with no facts to back them up.
true dat!!

ohh, fret ya know you love this thread, you keep watching the damn infomercial!! must not be anything else on....
this board needed some fire brought to it anyways..

Old 09-27-2006, 06:08 PM

let me rephrase that, 92 oct. may not be more combustable but rather more compressable, which to me would make a more violent explosion thus igniting more of the gas molecules (er whatever)when under higher compressions. some of you say you dont need it, well as fret said you really dont UNLESS you have a ping or knock, but i am told if you have high compression ratios and aluminum block you should use higher octane as it is cooler burning, is it just me or do these bikes need all the cooling help they can get??

Old 09-27-2006, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: discohouse

Whoa. Some of these posts are pretty harsh, and all you asked is what people thought of additives, lol.

Anyway, not a big fan. I've used additives before, had bad experiences (premature sensor faliure, clogged injectors, gummy residue, etc.) But I haven't used one in a bike, and honestly, I really don't plan to. It's a new bike, I really shouldn't need to use anything.

Now as for the Unleaded/Premium stuff. WTF?? I don't understand where half the people on here are getting their information. Higher octane....cleaner burning. You're not "wasting" your money by spending an extra .40 cents PER TANK to get a higher octane gas. These are high-performance machines! Would you stick 87 octane in a Dodge Viper? Corvette? GT? Most of the comments on here are just false opinions with no facts to back them up.

Anyway, I'll stick to my Premium fuel and high-end Oil, regarless of what information anyone else want to blow out their ***.
Oh, but you are wasting your money. If your bike doens't knock, you are wasting your money. I bet you $100 you get better milage out of 87 than 92 b/c you actually use all the gas. It about compression dude, and NO you wouldn't put 87 in a viper or vette b/c those cars are made to use 92 octane (just like my car). You CBR is not- period. they have the same additives, just diff octane ratings. Do what you will.
Our CBR's are not, so Honda just prints it in the manual to use 92+ for ****s and giggles??? And even IF (BIG IF) that is the case..... the differnece between money I spend getting 93 and you spend getting your 87 is around .28 CENTS!!!! Fricken A ... you know what ... I will send you $3 a month to let you try our premium gas if is suck a HUGE deal ....

Old 09-27-2006, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR
Our CBR's are not, so Honda just prints it in the manual to use 92+ for ****s and giggles??? And even IF (BIG IF) that is the case..... the differnece between money I spend getting 93 and you spend getting your 87 is around .28 CENTS!!!! Fricken A ... you know what ... I will send you $3 a month to let you try our premium gas if is suck a HUGE deal ....
Um, you may want to re-read that D2... 92RON is not the same as 92PON (which is the method we use in the US). A 92RON is ROUGHLY 86 or 87PON.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:51 PM

Who said anything about RON>?

Old 09-27-2006, 10:25 PM

geeze i've only been a part of this forum for a month and a half and the octane question has been beaten to death!

https://cbrforum.com/m_160707/tm.htm

Old 09-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: discohouse

LOL!!!!! Ok, I'll keep wasting my whopping .40 cents PER TANK!! LOL! Anyway, it doesn't matter how much "anti-premium" crap you spit at me, I'm still going to pump premium, the manual recommends it (and since Honda made the bike AND the manual, I'll trust their judgement).

Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 AM

the manual recommends it (and since Honda made the bike AND the manual, I'll trust their judgement).
That's odd...for 2003 they recommend 87...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2637/CBA9DDB39B9043AEBD7DCDBE96EF409A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 AM

For 2006 they recommend Type 3 Jet Fuel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4409/6EDC02470A8F4014A14BF63812B0D5F9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: liquid additives