Lighting Up The Under Fairings W/LED's

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting Up The Under Fairings W/LED's

Does anyone know of any better LED's than Boogey Lights? Or are these the best? They seem cool. Remote control. Choice of colors. http://www.boogey.com/fireworks.htm

Old 11-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Default RE: Lighting Up The Under Fairings W/LED's

Those are pretty dang expensive. ElectroPods are pretty good.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:37 PM

yea, they're all good....depending on how gay you want to look. yea i mean to each his own and its your bike not mine--but in my humble opinion everytime i see a kid riding with lights either on a bike or on a car i can't help but want to tell him how big of a poser he looks like....honestly are you one of the fast and the furious? vin diesel? no? then skip the lights. save your money for something worth while. but thats just my 2 cents

Old 11-13-2006, 02:32 PM

I seen some on ebay that look pretty good and i think they are better than the ones you posted and they also look better...Im thinking on buying some of them...i'll post the link when i get a chance

HOPKINSLAX12:
Thats the same thing I hear from older ppl...no ofence...i like them and i dont think they are worthless, they help the other ppl see you at night...but your are right it's everbodys opinion

and i dont think they are gay either...[:'(]

Old 11-13-2006, 02:56 PM

Who are they posing to be. I have had 3 cars that will kick the sh*& out of any of those fast/furious cars. I think they look sharp when they bike or caris parked. It just like anything else on a bike. I dont have them, but I think they look sharp. JMHO

Old 11-13-2006, 03:19 PM

^^^^^ i agree with you... i love the neon kits on them...

Old 11-13-2006, 04:27 PM

like i said--everyone has their own prefrence. some like 'em some don't. personally i just think they look like you're trying too hard to get noticed. there is a point to customization with class and style. and then there is a point to which you put anything and everything you can possibly find on your bike. for me those neon kits just step that line

Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 AM

Spend a few dollars at your local radio shack and buy some LED's (or buy a lot off of e-bay). You can search for an LED calculator like this one - http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/L...c_LEDCalc.html - or a number of different ones that are available. Then find out what size resistor you need, if any, depending on the number of LED's you have connected.

Worst case senerio, you waste $7 to find out your not sure of what your doing. But give it a try. If you do it on your own, you will save over $100 and feel a great sense of accomplishment!

Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a big fan of lights anymore. Back when the underglow kits for the cars first came out (when I was in High School), they were freaking sweet because it was new. Now, only the ricers and retarded-people still drive their cars around with the glowing neons and headlight strobes. Plus, all the primered-up, 8-foot winged, fart can installed Honda Civics ruined the "lighted look" by putting them on their cars and prancing around........so no, I don't think I'll "light" my bike up.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:52 PM

BLUE FOX--i couldn't have said it better myself.....THANK YOU.....+1000000000000000

Quick Reply: Lighting Up The Under Fairings W/LED's