laguna-seca

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laguna-seca

just got back from laguna-seca in monterey the trip kinda sucked we left from mesa,az to monterey,ca it was a 2000mi round trip on my rr not only did i get 3 speeding tickets in 5 days i lost my new pair of glasses $240 cell phone went in water $200 tickets probably $600 never going to cali or leaving the great state of arizona priceless the 2nd ticket was a bull**** it was a bikers speed trap 1 cop was on top of a bridge were all bikers pretty much had to pass and the rest were on the hwy handing out tickets well enough of my sob story i hope everyone else had a better week

Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Default RE: laguna-seca

Wow, that sucks man.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:12 PM

That really sucks man.... My roommates(Blue Fox and my other roommate David who as an 07 RR) are all going to Laguna a believe in September. We are debating whether we should fly or drive. If we drive we are going to put our bikes in the back of our truck and go that way. Its to long of a ride from Las Cruces,NM. Overall how was the track?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:20 PM

4600+ miles, round trip for me. I left Monday morning, got back here Thursday night. 3 days in, 4 days out... zero tickets (because i wasn't speeding like i've got to be somewhere important but really dont).

Old 07-27-2007, 09:56 PM

the track was nice watch out for that cork screw i hear its hell and i will admit to speeding on the first one but the last two im going to fight they were BS

Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Out of curiosity (because i don't think anyone gets a ticket for speeding, wiithout actually speeding), how fast WERE you going to get the last two? Not what the ticket says, what you're (corrected) speedometer said.

i thought the track was extremely hilly. the google earth image does it no justice. from the entrance to the track (Hwy 68) to track level must have been a few hundred feet in elevation. Next year, i'll camp at Fox Hill again, but i'm getting Turn 4 seats and motorcycle parking in the paddock. that hill climb was murder on my feet.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What route did you take that it was 2000 miles? From Mesa to Laguna Seca and back should only be about 1400 miles (at least, that's the quickest route Google Maps show). I'm just curious on what route you took, because in November, "Captain Slow", me and my other roommate David with his White 07 RR are driving to Laguna Seca for a superbike class. We'll probably end up hitting Las Vegas on the way back........just to make a vacation out of it.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:47 AM

Well, I think I can top your fun-filled vacation. No motorcycles involved, but definitely a trip from hell.
Bachelor party in Vegas with 15 morons July 4th weekend. Here's the rundown and why I'm contemplating suicide.
Kicked out of Ceasars Palace within 24hrs=$2400 (don't know what happened, but everyone was innocent)
3 Suites at the Hard Rock same day reservations=$6200 (wasn't in my planned budget)
Losing 16 hands in a row at the blackjack table at 5am=$1600 (seemed like a good idea at the time)
5 days at the pool w/ 15 guys drinking bar tab=?????????? (charged to the rooms)
Someone breaking a 50" Plasma in your room=$3500 (pretty sure they get them cheaper than that)
Putting your credit card down for a friends bachelor party=PRICELESS!!!!!!!!! (I'm now working nights at Sonic.I deliver food on roller skates)
I think if I would have skipped out on this little vacation, I could have bought two more 07 RR's. I guess we all learn from our mistakes. It's a shame that some of these guys are fathers. One more thing. If any of you are in Vegas from Memorial Day to Labor Day on a Sunday, I highly suggest you go to the Hard Rock Pool. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:24 AM

Hey didn't they make a movie about this ? [:@]

Old 07-28-2007, 03:44 PM

well the second one was on the way to the track we took hwy 101 to hwy 68 cause thats pretty much the way the bikers had to go to park that way and about half mile before the exit there was bridge were a cop with a radar gun was up there pulling mostly bikers we saw one car get pulled over but me and my buddies were going with the flow of traffic 70mph the cop that gave us the ticket not the citing officer told us his buddy said we were going 85mph which was horse **** and the other was on hwy 1 and he said i was also gooing 85 but he put 70 in a 55 which was horse**** i will admit of going 70 though but 85 on hwy 1 damn i just might as fall off the cliffs

and the route we took to get there was i-10 to hwy 101 to the 1 up to morgan driving back and forth to morgan hill and monterey for 6 days =2000mi for me

Quick Reply: laguna-seca