Keep Yoshimura exhaust or trade in???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep Yoshimura exhaust or trade in???

Hey guys, old member here. I used to have an F4I but sold it to experience the enduro world. After only one year of missing the cbr Im back. This weekend I am picking up a 04 rr in black. I know the owner of the bike and it is in great shape. He did however put a yoshimura slip on exhaust on it since last time I seen it so I have not heard it.

My question for you is how does the yosh compare to some of the other exhausts out there. I love the sound of two brothers. I prefer a nice rumble at idle and not too crazy loud that it is always drawing attention. How does quality compare? Its not the nicest looking pipe so that is another consideration.

Attached Thumbnails Keep Yoshimura exhaust or trade in???-under_tail_kit_2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

the yoshis sound nice but definitely arent the loudest or deepest. Ive got a two brothers on mine just because ive always liked real deep exhausts like you said. Its certainly loud and obnoxious though so i dunno if youd be happy with that. Go on youtube and check out some videos so you can at least get an idea of the tone of the different exhausts before hand. I actually have an extra stainless two brothers exhaust laying around if you want it. No midpipe and youd have to buy the end cap piece for undertail exhausts, the one it has on it now is for side mounted ones.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:07 PM

Yes I listened to some videos on youtube but I find the camera quality most people use leaves a lot to be desired. I guess I will just have to wait until the weekend to see what it sounds like. If this weather keeps up and the snow stays off the roads I might even be able to take it for a rip down the road.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 PM

I've got a two brothers carbon on my 03 and I love the way that it sounds, I've also heard the yoshi and definately did not like it as much.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123
the yoshis sound nice but definitely arent the loudest or deepest. Ive got a two brothers on mine just because ive always liked real deep exhausts like you said. Its certainly loud and obnoxious though so i dunno if youd be happy with that. Go on youtube and check out some videos so you can at least get an idea of the tone of the different exhausts before hand. I actually have an extra stainless two brothers exhaust laying around if you want it. No midpipe and youd have to buy the end cap piece for undertail exhausts, the one it has on it now is for side mounted ones.
How much would you want for the Two Brothers? I have a Yoshi on my 06 600rr right now and I like it but it's just not deep enough for me. Would the Two Brothers fit my bike?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM

yeah itll fit its the one that came on my bike but i swapped it out for a carbon fiber one. But like i said its literally just the muffler. Youll have to buy the end cap, $65 from them and the x-ring from them to attach it to whatever midpipe you have and thats like $25. Just pay for shipping and you can have it i guess or give me whatever you want i honestly dont care at this point. I sold it on ebay a while ago and the guy never paid so its been sitting around my house.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123
yeah itll fit its the one that came on my bike but i swapped it out for a carbon fiber one. But like i said its literally just the muffler. Youll have to buy the end cap, $65 from them and the x-ring from them to attach it to whatever midpipe you have and thats like $25. Just pay for shipping and you can have it i guess or give me whatever you want i honestly dont care at this point. I sold it on ebay a while ago and the guy never paid so its been sitting around my house.
Ok, I've been looking on Two Brother's website. I'm having trouble finding the end cap or x-ring on the site. Any suggestions where to find those online? Also, I'm guessing my Yoshi is just slip on, so any suggestions on the size mid pipe and all?