Just sold the f4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just sold the f4i

to a fellow member and he couldnt be happier. Im putting a down payment on a 05 600rr on tues. Over the next few cold months I wanna get some things done before summer hits. Its black with the gunmetal grey tribals.

Here are the mods in mind (its 100% stock btw) only has 1050 miles.

Frame slider - Im assuming vortex?

Led turn signals - whatta guys got?

Rear led turn signals and the montrocity that you call a real turn signal aka fender eliminator kit - ???

Chrome rims? anybody have chrome rims on black ? that or a chrome stripe? gonna try the stripe first - where ya go for good ones?

Steel mesh for the holes in fairing - any kits or do i have to home depot it?

smoke windscreen - anybody got any recommendations or ill just ebay it?

new seat - corbeau? is it worth the cash since the stocker sucks.

and major is exhaust - its quiet as crap and i hate it before i even bought it, sound clips? I want a full system and not just a slip on.

thanx in advance

Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Default RE: Just sold the f4i

Heck yes I couldn't be happier, thanks for thegreat buy =!. I cant wait to see you're new bike, definatly post pics when you get it. Come springtime you're gonna have to ride out here some weekendI have off workso we can find some fun stuff to ride around on. Either that or we could meet up somewhere halfway.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 AM

definatly mang! spring time is gonna be good. Heres some pics i snapped at the dealer today. Went to check it out and learned the stock exhaust sucks ***!

Old 01-15-2007, 02:48 AM

Nice choice man, I was eying those before i purchased yours, haha! Maybe in a few good years i'll move up to the RR, right now I dont even know how to ride yet =P.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 AM

Good choice, I'm just glad you're not up here in T.O. cuz I like being the only black/tribal around here. Course with my winter projects underway, my bike won't look anything like stock anymore come springtime anyways.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HERE ARE MY SUGGESTIONS:

Frame slider - Im assuming vortex?
Mine are from Lightning Performance. They're a plastic like composite material, so it won't grab the street during a slide. Plus, they have a thin shaft that goes through the fairing (thus, smaller hole to drill), and a larger head to protect the fairings. Though, I can't find the ones I have anywhere online anywhere, I ordered them through my dealer.

Led turn signals - whatta guys got?
Just ordered me a set of Rizoma Zero (black) turnsignals. They're cheaper and better looking that Watsens in my opinion.

Rear led turn signals and the montrocity that you call a real turn signal aka fender eliminator kit - ???
You could go with either integrated brake-light turnsignals and get a simple tag bracket that attatches around the can or do what I'm doing and get another set of Rizoma turnsignals and modifiy the stock tag bracket.

Chrome rims? anybody have chrome rims on black ? that or a chrome stripe? gonna try the stripe first - where ya go for good ones?
No idea about the chrome rims, but I striped my wheels with standard pinstriping you get from an automotive store.

Steel mesh for the holes in fairing - any kits or do i have to home depot it?
You can get some nice mesh at local autoparts stores. If I were to do it, I would buy it there.

smoke windscreen - anybody got any recommendations or ill just ebay it?
I believe the one I'm looking to get is an OEM Honda tinted windscreen. Exactly like the stock windscreen, just tinted.

new seat - corbeau? is it worth the cash since the stocker sucks.
Corbin seats are fantastic, but will set you back $300 bucks. If you have the money, they are definately worth every penny!

and major is exhaust - its quiet as crap and i hate it before i even bought it, sound clips? I want a full system and not just a slip on.
I'm a HUGE fan of Akrapovic exhaust systems. I like the deep, throaty growl. It's a bit louder that stock, but not annoyingly loud. One thing I can't stand is loud, buzzy exhaust systems. Akrapovic is anything but that. Not to mention they look DAMN good too.

Hope my bias towards certain products helped out, lol.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 PM

lol it does help...the exuahst was my main concern and after listening to sound clips all ngiht they all start sounding the same. i narrowed it down to hindle, twobros, arata and akrapovic

Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 PM

if that's thesame '05 black tribalfrom ccc,i almost bought itin november.
good luck ! it's a beauty. i sold my f4i as well and ended up purchasing an '04 black and silver RR.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 98f3pilot

if that's thesame '05 black tribalfrom ccc,i almost bought itin november.
good luck ! it's a beauty. i sold my f4i as well and ended up purchasing an '04 black and silver RR.
yea it is, its between that one and a blue one but the blue is an 04 and not to big on the color.

but i got another dealer pricing out an 07 750gsxr and 07 600rr...

just curious what was the price he told u back then and who'd ya deal with?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 PM

The Blue 04's are AWESOME. I love the color. But thats a sharp bike aswell. Rizoma turns are awesome, love them, they are very bright and unique!!