Just picked up an 03 600RR and new to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an 03 600RR and new to the forum

I've been lurking on here for a short while now and I figured it's time for me to post.

I just picked up an 03 600RR this past weekend. The bike is beautiful and in perfect, if not new, condition. It's black and red and has 4600 miles on it. I'm looking forward to going through this forum and finding out more about the bike.

A question I have for you all is, the bike has a 2 Brothers pipe on it and it's way too loud for me. Is there any other pipe you all would recommend that is much quieter but still allows good performance?

Any and all info about the bike is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM

I can't help with the exhaust, but welcome to the site.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:14 AM

Hi mate welcome here, got same bike like yours, same colour, same condition...mine got 3500 miles in mint condition! I got stock exhaust which is smooth & quite, if you want i'll be happy to exchange it for you for free haha! 2Bros is a very good brand, you should leave it as it is, you'll get used to it! At the moment im in the process of getting yoshimura rs5 exhaust!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 AM

By the way go on this site & download for free a service manual...I found it of great help...i like working on the bike myself!

http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

Old 05-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Right on, thanks guys.

I'm sure I'll get used to the 2brothers pipe, it's just been a while since I've had a bike. Even riding it felt a little odd at first.

The first bike I had a fews years back was a F4 which I loved. After that I had an R6, and now on to the 600RR. So far that bike is great.

JOS777, I'll check that website out, thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Default Switch from r6 to CBR 600

How do you feel about the switch from r6 to CBR? I just sold a 99 r6 and am now looking for a CBR. I test drove an 04 CBR600 last night and the cornering seemd tough, as I leaned it was hard to also turn the handlebars. Also feels like more of the weight is lower on the bike. What did you think?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 AM

Welcome to the site. I am also new to this site and have the black/red 03 cbr600rr. I have a yoshi rs5 pipe on it and its not too loud, but loud enough so that you feel like you have something special. Two Brothers is way too loud for my tastes. Other mods include pazzo levers, and black windscreen. I love the bike, youll get used to it after a little while. Just keep on riding her, and youll begin to realize the potential these cbr's have. Sadly, my bike is in the shop right now, so I am waiting for it to get fixed. Thank god for that extended warranty : )

Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soontobeHondarider
How do you feel about the switch from r6 to CBR? I just sold a 99 r6 and am now looking for a CBR. I test drove an 04 CBR600 last night and the cornering seemd tough, as I leaned it was hard to also turn the handlebars. Also feels like more of the weight is lower on the bike. What did you think?
whats kind of tires is on er? What kind of shape?? Sounds as tho your tires maybe squired off.

To the OP welcome!!! the tb pipe you have is one of the quieter pipes out there, but has a nice deep tone to it. Like said you'll get use to it.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:43 PM

As far as the comparison to the R6, I really like that bike. But I'm kind of partial to Honda's. Probably because the first bike I owned was an F4. That was a fun bike. The 600rr I'm really liking, it feels great and has strong power. I'm getting used to the 2Brothers pipe, it's not really that bad not that I've grown used to it.

I was at a bike store the other day and was looking at a micron exhaust that had dual pipes, that thing looked sweet. I looked up a youtube clip of it and it souned pretty good too.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Not sure what kind of tires were on it. Forgot. But the back was in desperate need of replacing and the front was about 80%. These questions are all for the next bike I look at since he sold the one I test drove already.....

Quick Reply: Just picked up an 03 600RR and new to the forum