Just got my cbr600rr question!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my cbr600rr question!?

just got my 07 cbr yesterday, and im fairly new to riding, this will be my first bike. Off the back I was wondering what should I get for my bike, I already have my leather jacket helmet and gloves, but I was also told frame sliders, they are being ordered right now. What else should I get, incase I ever drop the bike?

Old 05-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Default RE: Just got my cbr600rr question!?

Gear and frame sliders should be about it...I would personally educate yourself...get to the MSF course if you havent already and get books like Keith Code's: Twist of the Wrist II, Lee Park's: Total Control, Andy Ibbott's: Performance Riding Techniquesand Nick Ienatsch's: Sport Riding Techniques andmostof all TAKE IT SLOW!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Gear and frame sliders should be about it...I would personally educate yourself...get to the MSF course if you havent already and get books like Keith Code's: Twist of the Wrist II, Lee Park's: Total Control, Andy Ibbott's: Performance Riding Techniquesand Nick Ienatsch's: Sport Riding Techniques andmostof all TAKE IT SLOW!!!
taking msf this coming friday - sunday, ive just been getting comfortable with how my bike rides

Old 05-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Frame sliders are a definate "need to have" just in case! Beyond that you start getting into personal taste issues, but the best thing you can get for you and the bike are classes. The MSF is fine for starters, but what you, and everyone else, really needs, are advanced riding classes. The MSF will teach you basics and will never exceed 25 to 35mph at the most. Most people don't wreck in parking lots!

Seriously, advanced classes such as the Cornerspeed school, or any riding school such as the Keith Code school will do wonders for you. They are not cheap, but they open up a whole world of what you can do on a bike!

If you can't afford the schools, then get books and read about technique, why it works, and how to do it, then go and practice those skills until you uderstand them and they become automatic!

Old 05-06-2007, 02:07 PM

ooohrah master sgt, how much do those advance courses cost? after this week ill probably start looking into the advance courses.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:31 PM

BTW, congrats on the bike man! Dress for the crash, not the ride!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Your next purchase should be riding pants (leather or textile with knee and hip armor) and a pair of decent boots; sidi, A*, oxstar etc...
Congrats on the new bike and practice makes perfect!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:44 AM

gonna get boots this week, riding pants...maybe in a few months but most of the time ill be wearing jeans. Im planning to get a louder exhaust in the next couple of weeks, i want the loudest/stylish there is. Gas tank protector and HID conversion kit, and turn signals are too big so ill be replacing those too.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: phaseshift

riding pants...maybe in a few months but most of the time ill be wearing jeans.
Good on the boots....bad decision on jeans. Jeans offer zero impact protection and will shred like toilet paper on the asphault. GEAR BEFORE BULL**** MODS!!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Courses can run from $300 to $3K. All depends! But books? Now, books you can study any time and go out and practice what you are reading! If you don't understand something in particular, don't be afraid to ask! Better to ask now than look stupid in a ditch because you didn't!

Quick Reply: Just got my cbr600rr question!?