Juicebox or Powercommander

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Juicebox or Powercommander

Which one do i get? I have a two bros slip on and a stock filter. Does anyone have experience with these and are they worth it? I mean if our bikes already have plenty of get up and go is this just a waste of money?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with a slipon n stock air filter no real need for one unless its running to rich or lean or want the lil extra hp that 'may' be gained. For your setup I say not worth it.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Probably a lot of money for the little hp gain, unless you want the absolute highest performance from your bike. I ran without any aftermarket fuel management system for over a year when I added a slip-on and kept the stock air filter. No problems with it.

I recently bought a Bazzaz Z-Fi and am installing it this winter along with a BMC street filter. Then I'll pay $150-$200 to have it all dyno tuned. Probably didn't have to but I had some extra cash and it seemed like a fun project.

If you're going to buy a fuel management system don't forget Bazzaz. Between the Juicebox and PC that you mentioned I'd go with the PC. I haven't heard a whole lot of good things about the Juicebox.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 AM

I have a little extra money laying in my pocket and cant decide what to do with it at the moment. I would pay credit cards but our tax return took care of that.

Ill read up on that bazzaz later in the night and keep doing my research. Thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 AM

Man right now hardracing has the PCV onsale for 269. Thats about 100bucks off. i might just go ahead on do it . the Bazzaz is the same price for my 09 as well. so its really just which on do i want?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your 09 will use the power commander v which is a much better box the the III. With the V you can map both your air to fuel ratio and your ignition timing as well. With the III you could only map the air fuel. What alot of ppl don't understand is the box has to be maped for your bike to fully take advantage of it. I do alot of maping on busas and zx14 teens that go to the track and I love the power commander V. There website and customer support is great also. They also have the option of an auto tune which can be used to your normal driving. Johnnyh

Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyh
Your 09 will use the power commander v which is a much better box the the III. With the V you can map both your air to fuel ratio and your ignition timing as well. With the III you could only map the air fuel. What alot of ppl don't understand is the box has to be maped for your bike to fully take advantage of it. I do alot of maping on busas and zx14 teens that go to the track and I love the power commander V. There website and customer support is great also. They also have the option of an auto tune which can be used to your normal driving. Johnnyh
Im not very good with the whole tuning thing as this would be the first bike ive ever done anything on. I know that there is a timing retard out there for like 50 bucks that i just hook up and it gives me back a little more HP. If by buying the PCV will i not need that piece? I also plan on just using one of the maps supplied. I do all street riding with the weekly trips to twistys.

these are the two items i was thinking of buying.
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...ontroller.aspx
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...mmander_v.aspx

Last edited by CBRfenatic93; 03-15-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

And don't forget the Bazzaz. Unlike the other brands the Bazzaz controls all the injectors, not just half of them. You can also get the Z-AFM if you want to do auto tuning.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Unlike the other brands the Bazzaz controls all the injectors, not just half of them.
Which is good if you track the bike, street use not so much. If you're at a track you can use the bazzaz to adjust every injector the way needed for just those elevation changes etc. If you're riding the street you need somthing that will have a larger auto-adjust range like a PC. Bazzaz adjust off how you set it up.

Track Bike Bazzaz.
Street Bike with some Track PCV.
Strictly Street PCV without a doubt in my mind.

Just my opinions, others please feel free to add or clarify.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:03 PM

I just ordered my PCV from Hardracing.com. I got the PCV and the IRC for 326. I cant wait

I chose the PCV becuase i have read a few reviews and all of them say that the Bazzaz has alot more tuning options and is more for track bikes as well. Everyone says that if your street only get the PC. Plus the PC has my exact map and i wont have to spend extra trying to dyno it unless i really want to.