Jacking a 600RR???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jacking a 600RR???

OK, just got my new jack stands from Checkered Flag Motorsports. They're awesome with dual wheels on each leg. Anyway, very well made & appear to be better than Pit Bulls, etc.

Question: How do I go about jacking the bike? I've got spools on the back. Just hook type pads up front where it appears to go into the hole at the bottom of the forks on the front wheel.

How do I get the bike up on these things by myself? It looks like I need to have the bike standing pretty much upright to slip the jack under the rear spools, then go up with her. I guess the fronts will follow more easily after I get the rear on the stand.

How's it done?

Regards,

Old 05-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Default RE: Jacking a 600RR???

Correct me if i am mistaken but i believe to slide it into the spools vertical then step or press on the handle downward and it should pop it up and be on the stand....voila!?!?!??

Old 05-04-2006, 03:32 AM

+1 on the rear stand. It's not that hard to do by yourself, just go slow and steadily once you get the hinges onto the rear spools. You'll only be able to get the left one on first, then as you push down on the stand you can adjust a bit to get the right one in the proper place and then get the whole thing up proper.

Not sure how the front one works, won't be getting one 'til the winter when I storage it. Post some pics of your stands and bike when you get it set up.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:20 AM

With my spool type Pit Bull stand, I put the hinge on the left spool and raise the bike straight up (off the kick stand) and hook the right side, then step to the rear where the handle is and crank it up...you just have to get over the fear of balancing your bike off the kickstand with one hand.

So, tell us Pit Bull owners why it "appears to be better?"

Old 05-04-2006, 05:14 AM

Yeah fretless, I swear by pitbull, those are outstanding. I have the grab handle on the back of the F4i and I grab that with my left hand and go animal on it to get it balanced then just wheel the stand into alignment with the right hand then up it goes. I've also done what fretless has done...get it under the left side while on the sidestand then gently push down on the handle until the bike is vertical and balanced then the right side contacts and picks it right up.
I don't know how your front stand works, but my pitbull picks up the bottom of the steering stem so I can service or remove forks easily.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:24 AM

This is helping. Man I don't want to drop the bike!!! Sounds like maybe a 2 person job, but I need to do it by myself.

Here's a link to my stands. They have 4 wheels instead of 2, etc.

http://www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net/

Old 05-04-2006, 09:35 AM

Jet, you'll get used to putin'er up. I have a Woodcraft stand and I lift my bike on a daily basis, by myself. I don't even have a spool stand yet, I'm still using my universal stand.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5429/2F003C4C028143B29854658EF0DCC08A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:35 AM

Back stand first, always. Never the front stand first. And always leave the kick stand down.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:21 PM

i get my bike up on it's stands by itself all the time.. it's really simple once you get it down... I'm wishing I would have bought a pitbull rear cause I cheaped out and I hate the rear stand I have... it came in 3 sep. pieces and was really wobbly so I had to weld it together (it was a bolt together)... Anyway, I spent my money for the front though and got a pitbull... the quality is top notch, awesome welding, good steel, real sturdy.

I don't have a spooled rear though, kind wish I did but no biggy... anyway, put the left side under the swing arm (or spool) and hold the rear stand at the back with your left hand... pull on the tail (up by the front end of the rear seat) with your right hand and push down on the stand with your left hand at the same time... this will bring the bike up so do it slowly... and then hook the right side under the swing arm (or spool)... then just push the rear stand down on the ground and your done...

For the front I have the stand that hooks into the steering stem so you just have to make sure you have the pin in the stem right and then push down and she's airborne.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQqa9Gf7JF8

not a 600RR but its the same for any bike

I have to put my F4i on its stand myself all the time, you get used to it
my F4i doesn't have a kickstand so when I come back to the pits, if none of my "pit crew" are around I've got to park the bike get off and put the stand on without any help, and I've NEVER dropped it doing that so you'll be fine
the video should help

Quick Reply: Jacking a 600RR???