!!INSURANCE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: !!INSURANCE!!

My question is, i'm 19 years old, just bought a CBR 929 RR, no riding exp, and i'm trying to get insurance on it. Does anyone know how much its going to cost me if say.. I got to state farm? With also telling them that I havewent through the MSF course? (which I heard lowers insurance rate). Otherwise, could my dad go ahead and buy the insurance under his name and I use the bike....? WHat should I do.\?

Old 04-19-2005, 11:19 PM

State Farm could care less about the MSF course they charge you by you exp, Age, Time on bike, Claims in the past. At 19 and 1st bike I am not sure State Farm would even cover you and if they did you will pay a butt load. I had my 1st bike when I was 18 and the only people that would cover me was progressive and it was not cheap. Not sure if your dad paying and adding you as a 2nd rider would change the cost could try though. I feel ya man and I am sure everyone here has had there pockets emptied by a some company at some point in time but as long as your safe as time goes on your cost will go down. Sorry could not be help

Old 04-20-2005, 02:04 AM

I'm 25,in Florida,with a permit and have full coverage through Progressive on an 02' f4i,cost me $375 for a full year.I have had my car insured through them for 5 years with a good record so that probably helps also.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:25 AM

Update on good place for insuranc...

I was quoted $1026 for 1 year full.
I went in to register the bike with AAA, and it came out $481 a year for ful coverage.
this includes $100,000 per auto and $300,000 per accident.
I am 28 and this is my first bike.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: drksidr

yo get away from progressive and go to state farm and you will save a ton of money. progressive isnt a very good ins co. im an autobody tech and deal with ins all the time. progressive is at the bottom and state farm is the best. if something happen state farm will pay well.
I agree...Progressive can kiss my ***. The people they have workin' for motorcycle claims don't know ****. One comment, insurance companies don't care how long you have been riding. Most of the time Sportbikes are more expensive because they are wrecked more often than any other type of bike. Its all based on actuary, the statistics of insurance. It also relies on your age, if you own a house, married, have kids, your driving record. I have State Farm right now. I was in shock when they told me how much money they could save me. State Farm likes to carry low risk riders/drivers.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:05 PM

I bought my bike last year, and i was 19 when i bought it. No one would insure me except for my car insurance company and progressive. My F2 wasnt worth enough to put full coverage on it, so i just just did the minimum for what michigan reaquired, and it was dirt cheap, i think like 220 for the whole year. and then i cancelled it for the winter and got 140bucks back!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:43 PM

yea i know what u mean. i wanted to finance an '05 bike too but the insurance would have been $1500 a year plus the monthly payment for the bike. ill wait till im 21 then it will drop down to like $800. which is still alot but hey.... I am paying $455 a year now for just liability. I go through Rider Insurance.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:26 PM

astraldweller just dont have an accident cause progressive doesnt pay well, they use alot of used parts on cars and bikes if they can find them. i deal with ins all the time with me being in the autobody field, im not saying you have a good deal with them but dont make a mistake cause you will almost triple your plan with them. good luck

Old 04-22-2005, 02:01 PM

FYI: I am insuring my 2005 600RR with State Farm (they also write my car and life insurance) and my rate is only $440/year for full coverage. I'm 27 and live in Michigan, BTW. Additionally, according to my agent (and she has never lied to me before) any claim that I make to the bike will not effect my car insurance; they are seperate policies--it would only matter if I had never held a policy with them before. For $20 extra a month it is well worth the piece of mind to have full coverage. Just my $.02.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:22 PM

I've never had a problem with progressive.A lady ran a stop sign and clipped the rear of my eclipse and progressive called me 30 min. later,told me to take the car to the paint shop and a rental car would be waiting,on top of that I got a ticket for 75 in a 55 six months ago and I still only pay $90 a month for full coverage on a turbo eclipseInsurance companies probably treat you different in other states though.I guess it helps to know the people at the paint shop also.

Quick Reply: !!INSURANCE!!