If i loved my f4i would i like the 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If i loved my f4i would i like the 600RR

Im just wondering if i would like the 03-05 RR's as much as i liked my 02 f4i. The only thing i disliked about my f4i was not enough power and no steering damper. But i loved how it handled and the comfort and it fit me well, im only 5'6. Just wondering opinions. Thanks

Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd be surprised if you didn't like it better.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 AM
October 2011 ROTM

I can't comment on the 03-06 RR's but I love my 07 RR. I feel like it is way better than my 01 F4i. Everything on it is just so smoother. Now if you're looking for more power I don't think you're going to find it in a new RR. My RR feels like it has more top end and my F4i felt like it had more bottom end but overall I didn't notice a power difference, just where the power was. You can always put a steering damper on the F4i. If power and steering damper on your only concerns I would put a damper on the F4i and keep it. Now if you want a bike that is just smoother all around and has newer technology and looks better (IMO) then update and go with a RR.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM

Doesn't that year RR feel just as powerful as the F4i?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 PM

i would really aim for that 07 and up mark, they really changed the power and its so much lighter and quicker from 07 and up. 03-06 are a little lacking in the mid range power and the handle bars are 10MM lower for more track riding, the 07 and up has the higher bars for more rider comfort and WAY more mid range power! IMO i would save the extra cash and get the 07 or better, Its well worth the money.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:21 PM

a lot of people i talk to say they love their 07 RR's but i can't really swing that price range unless i found a nasty deal. and yea i heard the 03-06's have all their power set after 10k which is kinda high. i would love an 07 but im not sure if i can find any for the right price. and im wondering if anybody thats short has an 07? im only 5'6 and idk how high those bikes are, i've never sat on one.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:29 PM

I had an 03 f4i 2 years ago and now have an 04 rr. I like the rr better. Overall it is a smoother bike that just feels better put together. Power wise there isn't all that much difference. Not enough to switch bikes over. Comfort wise I actually find the rr more comfortable. I fit on the tank real nice and find I actually put less strain on my wrists with the rr.

If you are looking for more power its either time to get a liter bike or time to really learn how to ride. For public roads I dont believe that a 600 does not have enough power. Infact it has way more than you could ever use on the road.

Do you hit the track at all? If not going to a liter bike is a waste. IMO

Old 02-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by jondevos
If you are looking for more power its either time to get a liter bike or time to really learn how to ride. For public roads I dont believe that a 600 does not have enough power. Infact it has way more than you could ever use on the road.

Do you hit the track at all? If not going to a liter bike is a waste. IMO
and when did i say i wanted a liter bike?? im trying to get the comfort and handling i had on my f4i and somewhat of the power i had on my 636. I'm asking questions to find out information before i buy. and yes i agree a 600 is enough power for the public roads. Im a competent rider and you dont have to talk down on me saying i need to learn how to ride, i may not be the best and i guarantee neither are you..its all constant learning when you ride.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by PAf4i
and when did i say i wanted a liter bike?? im trying to get the comfort and handling i had on my f4i and somewhat of the power i had on my 636. I'm asking questions to find out information before i buy. and yes i agree a 600 is enough power for the public roads. Im a competent rider and you dont have to talk down on me saying i need to learn how to ride, i may not be the best and i guarantee neither are you..its all constant learning when you ride.
Hey didnt mean to offend you or anything. I didnt say you need to learn to ride. I said either time to go bigger or REALLY learn to ride. That was a general comment, not a insult directed at you. Many people out there can not come close to out riding what a 600 has to offer (me included). Anyone can "need more power" in a straight line. Really riding the bike is where you learn whether or not you need more power. I can ride my cbr all day long no problem, but can I REALLY
ride it???Id say no. I have much to learn and practice before Id ever say that. That is what I was referring to.

I answered your question to the best of my ability based on my knowledge of the 2 bikes (I have owned both), I gave you my opinion on the matter and then threw out a thought for you to think about. (Go bigger or really learn to ride)

Besides, isnt that what these forums are for? You ask a question looking for personal opinions from others. Sometimes you like what you hear, sometimes you dont. If you cant handle others opinions then dont ask questions. (Again, not directed at you, its a common point)

As to my question to you, do you track your bike at all? I never had my f4i on the track but have been thinking about taking my RR to Shannonville track.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Hey didnt mean to offend you or anything. I didnt say you need to learn to ride. I said either time to go bigger or REALLY learn to ride. That was a general comment, not a insult directed at you. Many people out there can not come close to out riding what a 600 has to offer (me included). Anyone can "need more power" in a straight line. Really riding the bike is where you learn whether or not you need more power. I can ride my cbr all day long no problem, but can I REALLY
ride it???Id say no. I have much to learn and practice before Id ever say that. That is what I was referring to.

I answered your question to the best of my ability based on my knowledge of the 2 bikes (I have owned both), I gave you my opinion on the matter and then threw out a thought for you to think about. (Go bigger or really learn to ride)

Besides, isnt that what these forums are for? You ask a question looking for personal opinions from others. Sometimes you like what you hear, sometimes you dont. If you cant handle others opinions then dont ask questions. (Again, not directed at you, its a common point)

As to my question to you, do you track your bike at all? I never had my f4i on the track but have been thinking about taking my RR to Shannonville track.
Well i apologize, i thought it was more of an insult directed toward me but now i know what you mean. Just from being a member of other forums there's a lot of D-Bags that think their the best and know everything and make a**hole comments so thats why i took it that way. My bad man. But i also thought about hitting a track because it would be nice to take a corner hard and not have to worry about bumps, potholes, gravel, animals and other traffic..i just never got the chance, i bet the RR would be nasty on the track, i heard they handle pretty insane.

Quick Reply: If i loved my f4i would i like the 600RR