if dropped with sliders not moving?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if dropped with sliders not moving?

the 1 thing i am very worried about when i get my new bike is dropping it not moving from a lose of footing i did it before on my old bike. so i am woundering i am planing on getting frame sliders fork sliders and axle sliders. if i drop it not moving is it going to probley just rash the engine cover, lever, bar ends, and scuff some fairings that can be touched up? if its going down i am going to be fighting it so more like setting it down? i did it 2 times on my f4i when i was learning to ride and almost a 3rd time when i was on a slanted parking lot and the bars went full turn and it kept going but i held it up.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Default RE: if dropped with sliders not moving?

Before you come to a stop, take a close look at where you want your feet to be and put them there. Frame Sliders do an excellent job of protecting the fairings and engine covers from just a tip over. My bike was pushed over and all I had was Frame Sliders and the only thing to get damaged was my mirror, turn signals, and rear section(minor). Mybar-end nor the brake lever even touched the ground.For extra protection on your clutch cover get one of these. If you're going down with the bike and don't manage to save it, the damages will be minimal, if any.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:10 AM

Make sure that your feet are as close to the bike as possible. To far out and they will slide if the ground is slippery.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 AM

crashkhanman,

Does this Woodcraft clutch cover fit the '07-'08's??? Easy install? Also your KR Tuned Frame Sliders look really nice. How difficult were these to install?

Thx
ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Before you come to a stop, take a close look at where you want your feet to be and put them there. Frame Sliders do an excellent job of protecting the fairings and engine covers from just a tip over. My bike was pushed over and all I had was Frame Sliders and the only thing to get damaged was my mirror, turn signals, and rear section(minor). My bar-end nor the brake lever even touched the ground. For extra protection on your clutch cover get one of these. If you're going down with the bike and don't manage to save it, the damages will be minimal, if any.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:08 PM

my moms husband taught me to keep my 1 foot out more rather than 2 half feet close in becuase its easyer to hold up. he saw me drop it the first 2 times. and when i started doing that it was much more effective. it did not take me long at all to be able to not drop it and figure my feet out. so after a few days i will be fine becuase i have not rode for so long its the first days that i am worried about. that woodcraft cover i has thinking about getting but if it goes down it will still scrape right? so i figured i would wait a little then get it

Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM

I understand your fear of dropping the bike but dont you think you may be a little to worried about it? Just put some frame sliders on it and be aware of the footing under you. Everyone has dropped there bike or will but you seem to have a issue doing it over and over. How tall are you? Also the neww 600rr is alot lighter than a f4i. just be cautious and dont sweat it so much.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:37 PM

If my bike was "pushed over," I'd make sure someone's nose was "pushed over." [sm=smiley18.gif]

Old 02-20-2008, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: skical

crashkhanman,

Does this Woodcraft clutch cover fit the '07-'08's??? Easy install? Also your KR Tuned Frame Sliders look really nice. How difficult were these to install?

Thx
ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Before you come to a stop, take a close look at where you want your feet to be and put them there. Frame Sliders do an excellent job of protecting the fairings and engine covers from just a tip over. My bike was pushed over and all I had was Frame Sliders and the only thing to get damaged was my mirror, turn signals, and rear section(minor). Mybar-end nor the brake lever even touched the ground.For extra protection on your clutch cover get one of these. If you're going down with the bike and don't manage to save it, the damages will be minimal, if any.

The Woodcraft cover does fit the '07s and '08s. They are extremely easier to install. They just use the 3 bolts around the clutch cover.

Thanks for the compliments on my Sliders. They were pretty diffucultto installsincemy lowers had to be cut. Takes about 1 - 2 hours.

that woodcraft cover i has thinking about getting but if it goes down it will still scrape right?
The woodcraft cover MIGHT scrape but thats still better then rashing up your bike. Thats what its there for. Here's a picture of my bike after it was pushed over by some drunk fool. No damage to the casings, levers, peg, swingarmor bar-ends. (Just the turn signals, mirror, and a scrape on my rear plastic)

Name:  Picture079.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  70.2 KB
Name:  Picture080.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  63.7 KB
Name:  Picture078.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  58.5 KB

If my bike was "pushed over," I'd make sure someone's nose was "pushed over." [sm=smiley18.gif]
+1000000000000000000202393248320843098234091820348 109238409182409180293841

It was sad that I had to replace my rear section with only 3,2xx miles.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:06 PM

Okay. Thanks crashkhanman. I'm a little intimidated to install the sliders myself. Hopefully, I can order them and have the dealership install.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 PM

o i see how the woodcraft works. i thought they only sold the entire cover with the slider on it that i saw on their site. i dint relize they have a peice that goes over stock ones.

Quick Reply: if dropped with sliders not moving?