i think i f*@#%d up....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think i f*@#%d up....

if you run your bike to 1600 miles before 1st oil change is that really bad? cause i did that.... i now its def. not recommended.....i um procrastinated i changed it at 1600 miles and it runs fine and acts fine but i never told anyone cuz i figured id get smashed with bad comments....

Old 04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Default RE: i think i f*@#%d up....

Yeah, you were not nice to your bike, I'd say it should be ok, but get it serviced ASAP!!! As the old saying goes, "A once of prevention is work a pound of cure!!!" Protect your investment!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM

its an honest mistake. are you able to change the oil yourself?

Old 04-19-2007, 03:59 PM

If there were anything major wrong it probably would have showed up as elevated engine temperature. You changed the oil AND the filter - right ? Most of the metal particulates that can be an issue would have been in the filter, and changing it is part of the oil change.

Only time will tell, but if it still runs fine, chances are it'll be OK, but I would suggest not procrastinating on the nextservice !!

I think you should give your bike a hug before your next ride.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:59 PM

You'll be fine. Change oil twice in the next week to catch up. J/K

Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: TYLER

BWAH haha thats funny dude i just got the fresh honda GN4 today and the K+N gold oil filter should be here tommorow.....gunna change that nappy sh*t. Got my new rear sets too fully adj. got em off ebay for like 175 they're actually real nice. and they werent 400 [&:]n-e how gunna change it tommorow and get back on the rizoad.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics cuz i cant post any of mine for some reason it says there not supported even if i re-size them with irfan????

Old 04-19-2007, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TYLER

Shi* im guna hump it in the tail pipe for not breaking!! hahahaha
i always gotta learn the hard way.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: cjp48

If there were anything major wrong it probably would have showed up as elevated engine temperature. You changed the oil AND the filter - right ? Most of the metal particulates that can be an issue would have been in the filter, and changing it is part of the oil change.

Only time will tell, but if it still runs fine, chances are it'll be OK, but I would suggest not procrastinating on the nextservice !!

I think you should give your bike a hug before your next ride.
ooops ment to quote this! lol

Old 04-20-2007, 02:06 AM

we had a guy where I worked befor brought in his sunfire he purchased new (2 years old at the time he came in and something like 30k on it. ) it was making this tapping noise up top and when you gave it a little rev. you could hear a rod knocking back at you. so we checked to oil and noticed it was very low on the dip stick (almost none) = 2 qt? anyway what we see for oilis as black as the tires so we notice the oil filter is still the GM factory installed one (yes we can tell this ) anyway we ask him if he ever changed his oil? and he looked like he was going to full out cry in the shop! you know the funny thing I see these new cars all the time comming in for there first service and they are way way over the miles. I would bet your bike is fine. Honda makes some good bikes

Old 04-20-2007, 06:54 AM

what about your chain?...
do you clean and lube them?...