I think I am a tradder

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I am a tradder

Asyou know I just lost the 954 to ? ? ? (stolen) I know they will never find it they never do! SO I have started looking at bikes again and I just want more power! ! ! ! I have ridden the 1000 and just want MORE POWER . I love mother honda I have ridden hondas my whole life starting at age 6 with the little 80 cc atv and several dirt bikes several quads I even have a goldwing. BUT I want to go faster! I run at Byron drag in IL all the time so I was thinking of a BUSA or a kawie ZX14. Honda just does not make anything with that kind of power. What do you think ?

Old 11-24-2007, 01:53 AM
Default RE: I think I am a tradder

If honda does not make a 1L + displacement bike, then its ok to go out and find yourself a bike that suits the purpose you intend to use it for.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be an ***, but I highly doubt you nor any of us here could ever ride a 1000RR to it's full potential (hell, most of us couldn't ride a 600 to it's full potential). I just got back from a Motorcycle Racing School at Laguna Seca and they proved to me that power doesn't mean s**t if you can't handle it.

I witnessed first hand a GSX-R 1000 get it's *** kicked by a Kawi 636 because the guy on the 636 was riding it nearer to it's full potential (he was in the level 4 class), and the GSX-R's rider was in the level 1 course (along with me).

So, maybe you should invest into a couple of courses of racing schools and learn new ways of handling a motorcycle before you go out and buy one. Because I guarantee you, once you complete a lap and notice your lap time dropped by 30 seconds or more simply because you had proper instruction on how to handle and get the power down, you notice your bikes gets a WHOLE lot faster as well. I was amazed when I got home and hopped back on my 600RR......it felt like a completely different bike, like someone attached a turbo charger to it. It acted so much quicker, felt so much lighter, simply because I had a better idea on how to ride it. I can't imagine what it's going to feel like once I get my level 2, 3 and 4 courses completed.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:40 AM

I do not doubt that I can not race the bike on a track to it's full potential on a road course it takes more skill thenI have for that type of racing. I do not run road races I am a 1/4 mile guy. And yes I have spent many years racing 1/4 mile in cars and now I have done it for a year on the bike. Now that being said I know I still have a lot to learn about the bike and the 1/4 mile that is not a question, but I will say I am only 3/4 of a sec slower then a pro racer on my bike in the 1/4.
I will admit that I lost a road race on the 954 to a guy on his GSXR 750 by about6 sec per lap and the 954 has more power and with the right ridder will out run it hands down (with the right ridder) but the sec part of the bet was we run the strip that is where I beat him up because that is what I do that is my fun. I took classes from a pro and worked with him over the summer on launching, slipping the clutch, seating at launch, seating 1/2 track so on and so on.
I have tasted 187 mph in the 1/4 (turbo busa w spray) and I want 200 and Mother Honda does not have that in her line up with out huge amounts of cash.

I have great respect for you road racers you can handle the bike better then I can in that format, and yes I should take an racing class so I can ride better on the street, how ever I have been ridding for over 20 years and only gone down 1 time and that was a bike malfuction (chain broke). Yes I can still learn on a bike you can always learn new things.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 PM

What's a tradder?

Oh!, you mean, traitor?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:54 PM

Do what ya want, but if I recall, a gsxr 1K out 1/4 miles a busa? If that's the case... I would get a new Honda 1K (maybe an '08). It'll have plenty of straight-line speed for when you crave that craze, and it'll still be halfway decent if you want to open it up in a course with some turns. That's my opinion. All the Hyabusa's and zx-14's are the kings of the long straights and top-end... but unless you've got some open road like the salt flats or something to really let it ride, you're not missing anything. Also, in a recent magazine I checked out, they put the '08 busa into the paces at a track with some curves. It did okay, but it's weight really showed, it was hard to "flick" back and forth and it would tend to load up the brakes and get twitchy, leaving late-braking pretty much out of the picture. Also, when exiting corners, you couldn't get on the throttle till you were good and straight because the back tended to want to break loose too easily. (*Starts on pg. 58 of Dec, 2007 Cycle World... also has a nice article covering the zx-10 and the 08 CBR 1K)

It's all in what you want I guess. Good luck and keep it shiney side up and in one piece!

Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 PM

busas and zx14s are nice but they are heavy

what good is 180hp if it takes 50 of it just to get off the line

Old 11-25-2007, 03:18 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: CBRSuzie

What's a tradder?

Oh!, you mean, traitor?

Sorry I was drinking a lot

Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

Do what ya want, but if I recall, a gsxr 1K out 1/4 miles a busa? If that's the case... I would get a new Honda 1K (maybe an '08). It'll have plenty of straight-line speed for when you crave that craze, and it'll still be halfway decent if you want to open it up in a course with some turns. That's my opinion. All the Hyabusa's and zx-14's are the kings of the long straights and top-end... but unless you've got some open road like the salt flats or something to really let it ride, you're not missing anything. Also, in a recent magazine I checked out, they put the '08 busa into the paces at a track with some curves. It did okay, but it's weight really showed, it was hard to "flick" back and forth and it would tend to load up the brakes and get twitchy, leaving late-braking pretty much out of the picture. Also, when exiting corners, you couldn't get on the throttle till you were good and straight because the back tended to want to break loose too easily. (*Starts on pg. 58 of Dec, 2007 Cycle World... also has a nice article covering the zx-10 and the 08 CBR 1K)

It's all in what you want I guess. Good luck and keep it shiney side up and in one piece!
I will have to go back and read it. I should get a check from state farm in the next few weeks so we will see.