CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   I need a BikE! CBR600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/i-need-bike-cbr600rr-31001/)

TheX 02-09-2007 10:06 PM

RE: I need a BikE! CBR600RR

I'd like to see a single non-salvage '05 for 4-5K that isn't trashed. Got a link? I don't trust ebay bikes because they can be full of crap, and at that price probably will be.

ZJcrawler45 02-09-2007 10:40 PM

heres an 06 with minimal fixes, definite steal, and the auction ended at this $4500 so it sold
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

an 05 sold at $5200
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

06 salvage that looks excellent
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

you cannot tell me those are not good deals, you just have to know where to look, and me and ebay are like white and rice.
Do have a question though. What your opinions on buying a slighty wrecked/damaged bike with only cosmetic damage and fixing it up? Is anything known to break or bend when the bike hits ground? Also whats your opinions on buying a salvage title bike that looks great, or either needs to be fixed up? thanks

fishnride 02-10-2007 12:04 AM

Those are not good deals. A salvage title means that at some point in its short life, the 06 RR was deemed totalled.

You may was well go out and get a great deal on a Hurricane Katrina car.There wasonly a little water damage and the carpet is new.

abadfish 02-10-2007 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: ZJcrawler45

you cannot tell me those are not good deals, you just have to know where to look, and me and ebay are like white and rice.
OMG!!! are you kidding me?!?!?!? You really don't know a whole lot about bikes. If you think these salvaged bikes are good deals, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you'd be interested in for a really good price.

TheX 02-10-2007 02:04 AM

Haha, *you just have to know where to look*. Oh well, if I ever end up with a totalled bike I know who to call to sell it to.

knightslugger 02-10-2007 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: fishnride

Those are not good deals. A salvage title means that at some point in its short life, the 06 RR was deemed totalled.
Most likely by the same type of person ZJcrawler45 is. Good luck with the whole bike thing ZJcrawler45. We've tried to warn you, and you're not listening, so why even bother anymore... Oh well.

Either way, I call dibs on first pick parts.

it's amazing, really. I never thought it would be this way. It's like looking at myself 2 years ago, only i took everyone's advice.

ZJcrawler45 02-10-2007 12:56 PM

what are all of you talking about salvage bikes? i believe only one of them was a salvage bike. And the others were nice! i just asked what your opininons are on salvage bikes, so i guess its a "stay the heck away from them" kind of deal. Why am i getting discouraged from buying a 600RR? i've learned that it doesn't matter how big the size of the bike is, just wether you can use a clutch and keep the throttle down. As long as you don't gun it, you can ride anything and learn. They're all the same if you dont gun it. I definitely see your point on starting out small, but i seriously think i am past that already. I'm a quik learner and i definitley know my boundaries, exspecially on the street.

NicIsSlick 02-10-2007 12:59 PM

Dang you guys are like little kids fighting and what not. The man asked for some prices and some ideas not a lecture. No matter what motorcycle you buy as a first bike its going to be dangerous...you are riding on two wheels on an open road, gravel other things of that nature dont care if you are on a 600 or 250 yur still going to eat it if you hit it wrong. Take the Safety coarse thats a givin. It comes down to the rider and his self control more than anything.

Nic~

D2VW14_20 02-10-2007 01:40 PM

what are all of you talking about salvage bikes? i believe only one of them was a salvage bike. And the others were nice! i just asked what your opininons are on salvage bikes, so i guess its a "stay the heck away from them" kind of deal. Why am i getting discouraged from buying a 600RR? i've learned that it doesn't matter how big the size of the bike is, just wether you can use a clutch and keep the throttle down. As long as you don't gun it, you can ride anything and learn. They're all the same if you dont gun it. I definitely see your point on starting out small, but i seriously think i am past that already. I'm a quik learner and i definitley know my boundaries, exspecially on the street.
The problem with that is that it DOES matter the size of the engine. You hit something and jerk the throttle with a 250, its not going to be anywhere near as bad of a scare as if you did it with a 600. So they are NOT all the same if you dont gun it. Everything has a different response and a different weight. I would start off on a much lighter bike and learn on that than a 400lb bike.You can think you are past it already, but you dont know. Take the MSF course BEFORE you buy the bike. See how those bikes feel. You'll be surprised. How do you definately know your boundries on the street if you have never been able to really ride a bike?

knightslugger 02-10-2007 01:42 PM

Do you know what Target Fixation is?

Can you will your muscles to make mirco-adjustments in intense moments?

Did you know that painted lines and tar can wreck you? Do you know what to look for and avoid?

probably not. and a high HP bike will only worsen any small mistake you make by 10 fold.