I need a BikE! CBR600RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need a BikE! CBR600RR

^^Nice point but that exact scenario could just as easily happen on an SV650....

Old 02-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: majin ssj eric

Let's just cut some of the bs here shall we? The issue when first learning to ride a bike is not so much the bike you ride but the kind of person you are. I have tons of respect for those who (like Knight) try to steer noobs in the direction of smaller, less potent machines such as the EX250/500, SV650 etc. But lets not kid ourselves. You can wind up just as dead riding a Ninja twin as you can riding a Hayabusa. The question you have to ask yourself when deciding upon a first bike is: "How responsible am I and how judiciously do I believe I can ride this machine?" This question is valid regardless of what bike you are considering. If you are smart and responsible and have a healthy dose of respect for the machine (and a major aversion to ER visits)you can get away with starting out on a 600rr no problem. In fact I chuckle a little everytime I read some comment like, "The 600rr is a sharp-edged, focused, racing goliath with explosive power and a totally unforgiving character!!!" Get the f#$# outta here! My 600rr is far from the raw, roadracing-only death machine that some of you claim it to be. In reality it is quite adocile beast with a temperment more collie than pit bull. I would whole-heartedly recommend it as a first bike to anyone responsible enough to handle it (though if you are not responsible enough to handle the 600rr, you're probably not responsible enough to handle motorcycling period). I know that I would have been flat-out miserable riding the ugliest sportbike known to mankind (aka the EX250/500) and honestly would rather ride nothing than one of those. Get what you want and be careful (and if you do something stupid and get yourself killed, it won't be my problem anyway...)
I've owned too many bikes, and seen too many people hurt to agree with you. Comparing a 250 and a Busa? Not likely. The 600RR can get away from a noob easily, I know what they're like. I own one and love it because it's *peppy*.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:13 AM

You can wind up just as dead riding a Ninja twin as you can riding a Hayabusa.
Your not wrong with this statement when you consider other factors but.............
I know that I would have been flat-out miserable riding the ugliest sportbike known to mankind (aka the EX250/500) and honestly would rather ride nothing than one of those
this is not whatmotorcycling is about. Wanting to look cool riding a "pretty bike" deffinitly should take the back seat to getting out on the road and tearing it up. I talk alot of **** about HDs and choppers are trash but I'd rather ride ANYTHING I can get my *** onthan not ride at all.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 AM

If the scenario knightslugger came up with ever happens to me then I deserve to be paralyzed, and I'll probably be laughing at myselffor the rest of my pathetic life. I don't agree that NOBODY can start on a 600. But I can think of a million more likely problems a nooby would run into by starting on a super bike.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 AM

That's where you and I differ. I have to be in love with something to enjoy it. I wouldn't ride an HD under any cicumstances because I just don't like 'em. There is nothing wrong with buying the bike that you want even if it is just for something as superficial as looks. Hell, I have no idea what the new 1098 Ducati rides like and I HATE twins, but I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it simply because it is the most drop-dead gorgeous motorcycle I have ever seen....

Old 02-13-2007, 05:00 AM

I have to be in love with something to enjoy it
So you love the bike but don't love riding?
Hell, I have no idea what the new 1098 Ducati rides like and I HATE twins
Have you ever ridden anything witha twin?For someone that weighs 275 lbs you should more than love the torque of a twin.[:@]

Old 02-13-2007, 12:07 PM

This ends up like every other thread when people come here to ask this question. There are those on that have been on here and been riding forever, then there are those who have been riding for 3 months, that think they have experienced everythin of the bike. I am just going to tell everyone from now on to search and not waste everyones time

Old 02-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this bike

Old 02-13-2007, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: majin ssj eric

^^Nice point but that exact scenario could just as easily happen on an SV650....
You're right, but i don't suggest the 650's unless they've got some kind of clutch / twist throttle experiance.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM

wanna know why the 600RR isnt a starter bike...one word will sum it up...forgiveness. Its an unforgiving machine. It doesnt know your new. It doesnt know you never rode before, its build to do what you tell it to do. These things are made to run races straight from the factory. The f4i gives you that bit of forgiveness if you've never ridden before. aka, you hit a pothole or a rock and u snap the throttle and now you go from 5k rpm's to 10k within a split second.

Quick Reply: I need a BikE! CBR600RR