I know this has been asked a bunch

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know this has been asked a bunch

What could I do to put the license plate way under on my 6rr? I wanna get rid of the whole fender and put an integrated tail light so I need to move the plate somewhere

Old 08-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Default RE: I know this has been asked a bunch

You could get the competition werkes fender eliminator, that comes down from your battery box. Only thing is, is that it'll set ya back like $150. In my opinion in just looks the best if all you want to see from the side/back is your exhaust and your fat back tire. It also has a license plate light to help you stay legal. I think this is the one that I'm gonna get, since I have the integrated tail light as well. But I am waiting to hear back from a guy I know that is into metal work to see if he can make me something comparable. Alot of you will probably say that you can make one for yourself, but I'm half retarded and I don't want to mickey mouse anything ya know. But if I get brave and make an attempt I'll letcha know.

Old 08-21-2005, 12:35 AM

I got one from fendereliminators.com It was about $80. It lncludes led turn signals and map light. It looks better than the competition werks one too.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:27 PM

I bought a kit from ebay for $15. It was just a lil license plate holder and a tube clamp. and i think it looks great. and holds at top speeds.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: xvcydvx

I bought a kit from ebay for $15. It was just a lil license plate holder and a tube clamp. and i think it looks great. and holds at top speeds.

Then you have to spend about $110 for an integrated tailight. You also don't have a light for the plate which at night teh cops won't like that. I got mine for $90 for everything.

Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWD1V

Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM

yea thats true, i did pay 150 for the UFO intergrated tailight, but much better then most intergrated tailights that ive seen. and im working in the licsene plate light..... ill let u know what i figure out

Old 08-25-2005, 11:57 AM

Competition Werkes fender eliminators are by far the best constructed and most thought out..sure it costs a bit more..all of the under the exhaust, hoseclamp type set ups are kinda "rigged" and I have seen more than one lose the entire plate since when the suspension compresses, and you are carrying a passenger ( or you are traveling at high speed) the plate will make contact with the tire and get ripped off
The Competition Werkes fender has a cool pivot action and a wheel to allow the plate to move

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/7BC99B8BDB3946F99BEDC77B54FDFADD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-25-2005, 12:00 PM

And the Clear Alternatives taillight retails for $94.95, It has the turn signals blink orange and the brake/taillight is red ( obviously)
The UFO light is programmable and will do all sorts of cool functions which is why it costs so much..the one I had for my R1 was great but it just the circuit board and then you have to cut the lens off your stock tailight and glue it on the UFO circuit board

Old 08-25-2005, 01:51 PM

The one I have from fendereliminators is also well thought out. It is made of very thick plastic that is molded just right to fit up under the bike and use the stock mounts. It also has the turn signals and map light intigrated. I haven't seen anyone else here with one but for the cost of $90 it is cheaper than the competition werks one, looks just as good and holds up just as good. I drove about 300 miles the other day and the rider behind me say it didn't move at all. Much better than those cheap *** ones on Ebay that are about $30. If someone wants an alternatvie to the competition werks one for about half the cost it is well worth it. They really thought out the prodcut. Also it doesn't ever rub on the rear tire.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Hey Josho post some pics of it or a link so I can get an idea. Thanks

Quick Reply: I know this has been asked a bunch