I CANT DECIDE!!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I CANT DECIDE!!!! HELP!!!

Okay, heres the story. I will be buying a new bike this spring. hopefully in February or March. I like both the Honda CBR 600RR and the Yamaha R6 (2006) I'm about 6'0" tall and i can not decide which one to get. I really like the looks on the R6 but i know Honda will last forever. the guy at the Yamaha place told me that i am taller so the R6 will fit me well. the guy at the Honda dealership said the R6 i will be cramped up. Of course both places are biased to there particular brand, so i want to know if anyone has any ideas so i can decide how to choose which bike i want. I figured, i will wait until MArch when both bikes are out, and go to a dealer and see both bikes in person, side-by-side and sit on them both and then decide. Any suggestions or ideas will help alot. Has anyone ridden an 05 R6 and an 05 RR? That would be helpful. Thanks in adv.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: I CANT DECIDE!!!! HELP!!!

I am 6' 210 and the 05 600RR fits me. I did a weekend trip of about 600 miles round trip and was comfortable. I developed a better riding posture out of it, tucked all the way down on the tank. The main complaint I hear with the CBR is that it strains your hands/wrist. If you stay tucked in, and keep you elbows in... you'll feel right at home.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:57 AM

I feel like im a part of my bike from the second i first got on it my buddys R6 feels uncomfortable to me and im 6' 2"

Old 09-29-2005, 05:00 AM

I am sorry Honda, but get the R6. It is just a vastly superior bike for the money and it is going to have a tall seat hight this year so I doubt you will be cramped. It will probably put over 110 to the rear wheel, slipper clutch, shorty exhaust, and a very bad *** look (especially the Raven paint scheme). You wont be able to compare a '05 to an '06 because the yamaha is all new for '06. The Honda is the exact same for '06 as it was for '05. The thing about the R6 is that you wont be able to deal with the dealers because they are going to be in high demand. My dealership had 3 brand new '05 RR's on clearance for $7800 in August. But if you get an RR you will be able to stay in the Honda community, which is quite a bit more helpful and nicer than others.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: mazdajoe

I am sorry Honda, but get the R6. It is just a vastly superior bike for the money and it is going to have a tall seat hight this year so I doubt you will be cramped. It will probably put over 110 to the rear wheel, slipper clutch, shorty exhaust, and a very bad *** look (especially the Raven paint scheme).
I hear what you're saying, the R6 is a bad *** looking bike, but if you don't go with the "S" model what the hell is up with the fender? I know most of us cut em off and make our own, but it looks like they went out of their way to make a fender uglier than the ZX-6R. And is it just me, but I don't think the side pipes look right anymore. The under tail has won me over. Much cleaner look and safer for the 2nd up. There isn't much difference, just the front forks and breaks from what I can see in the R6 and R6S, other than the obvious looks and price. Good luck with what ever you decide.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1936/D723FAAF188C47318D74729C42EAEED5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM

I'm loving the look on that R6 and the side exhaust is ill. I'd buy it just for the exhaust. har

Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Retired Administrator

I guess that's why they have a marketing department. I'm glad someong likes it. It's too short for my taste and, like I said before, the undertail won me over.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:34 PM

side pipes suck! RR all the way

Old 09-29-2005, 01:20 PM

Eww gross. I hadn't seen the '06 R6 yet. Bike looks pretty sick but that pipe looks like a frickin chode! Besides... Yami over Honda?

Old 09-29-2005, 01:36 PM

ive always been partial to hondas so havent looked at the R6 for a couple years...the new style looks good though i would never buy one over a honda

Quick Reply: I CANT DECIDE!!!! HELP!!!