I am buying a 08 600RR!! what should i look for

Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am buying a 08 600RR!! what should i look for

Hey guys, I am buying a 08 600RR it has been down once, at around 30mph the owner says he was getting on the high way and it slid out from under him and slid across the pavement into grass.

He replaced the stator cover, there is a little rim rash, swing arm rash on the bottom.
Everything seems like it runs alright is there anything i should look for in particular with this bike?
thanks guys
-Jason

Old 11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Default RE: I am buying a 08 600RR!! what should i look for

as a fellow pittsburgher make sure it has wheels haha.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:54 PM

well down here in louisiana my friends sellin an 08 cbr600rr with less than 500 miles on it for 8500 she stalled at a red light and tiped over lol shes a little thing but it put a chip in it but you cant tell unless u look real close. so i hope ur not paying more than that!!! but if over all i dont know much about bikes yet so good luck with the search......................

Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: asidari

as a fellow pittsburgher make sure it has wheels haha.
hahaha, thanks man! I will look for those two important factors and make a decision haha

Old 11-16-2008, 01:21 AM

Don't buy a bike that's been down.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Xuracing

Hey guys, I am buying a 08 600RR it has been down once, at around 30mph the owner says he was getting on the high way and it slid out from under him and slid across the pavement into grass.

He replaced the stator cover, there is a little rim rash, swing arm rash on the bottom.
Everything seems like it runs alright is there anything i should look for in particular with this bike?
thanks guys
-Jason
That definitely sounds like when the guy was getting onto the on ramp to the highway he gave it full throttle. That's what I did once but I didn't fall instead it looked like a cool sliding burnout and a friend i was riding with was impressed . Im with CBR BOY^^^^ don't buy a bike that's been down unless you dont know it has been down.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:47 AM

Well i know its been down, i was just wondering how truthful his story is.
I will get some more answers i guess and figure it all out.

These new bikes aren't build as tough as the old ones. I have seen f4is dropped left and right and never have a problem. these new boys are just fragile!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:41 AM

Don't buy a bike that's been down.
I disagree strongly here... My bike has been down after a few new plastics would I buy it again? Hell yes.

this particular bike is for sale near me and I checked it out for the OP... It looks better than mine did after my wreck and my bike in its current state (minus the plastics damage from vandalism over the last month) is perfect. When I went to look at it I wasn't sure what to expect, and it ended up looking better than it did in pictures, and it rode perfectly so much so that before I thought I would be keeping my 04 600rr til it died, and now I want to upgrade when I get out of school.

Jason I know it's a long ways away from you, but after taking a look and riding it I can honestly say that it's a steal for the price you're getting it for. New plastics and it's worth over 7k easily. And again if I wasn't in my current financial and room (for 2 bikes (or lack of)) situation I would ****** this deal up right away.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:04 AM

Oh Justin, i am almost definably getting this. I just want to know some common problems that may occur from these incidents if any. And from there i will know what to look out for and what to fix.

So that's that. I called him today and he never got back to me But i will check it out and see whats up tomorrow.

Once again thanks for heading down and checking it out for me. Much appreciated!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:26 AM

I would disagree aswell with not buying a down bike. My '07 has been down twice and both times it has crashed "well" if you may. Yes fairings get scratched up/crack etc but my frame/wheels/subframe/forks/trees/clip-ons have stayed in tach. If you're getting a great price just take your time and look over the bike closely.

Check the oil level and make sure he wasn't running it low after replacing the stator cover.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am buying a 08 600RR!! what should i look for