How to UN lower my 06 600rr?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have 4.5 inches showing on my forks so if there is no difference in our fork types your front should be good to go.

Im sure you already now but throw some chain cleaner and lube on that thing. haha

Old 01-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Im sure you already now but throw some chain cleaner and lube on that thing. haha
That thing is getting tossed lol. I'd never run a chain that looked like that.

Just need to know about the linkage then. I'll probably just ebay stock linkage and see what happens.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Banned

No question that chain is disgusting.

Like I said do not quote me on these measurements, I googled them, you should look them up in the service manual.
How much fork do you have sticking out above the triple? If measuring in inches just use google to convert to mm ie type in "4.5" to mm"
4.5" below = 115mm so that is within spec

You are going to have to ask someone to measure the length of their stock lowering link but after looking at pictures on ebay of 03-06 600rr rear links, that looks like a stock unit to me.

Are you sure the bike is lowered and that it doesn't juts have the wrong side-stand on it or something?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Banned

A quick google search turned up 7.25" as the dog bone linkage length. Maybe they just lowered the front end a bit? Or maybe they brought it back up to stock before selling?

Take a pic of the top triple/forks parallel to the ground and a tape measure.

Last edited by madman; 01-26-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by madman
A quick google search turned up 7.25" as the dog bone linkage length. Maybe they just lowered the front end a bit? Or maybe they brought it back up to stock before selling?

Take a pic of the top triple/forks parallel to the ground and a tape measure.
yeah, I thought the linkage looked stock to me as well. Just to be sure I just found a used one for 25 bucks... Im gonna throw it in just to see.

There is only about 5mm at the top of the forks showing. The stand looks stock as well. We shall see because I found one of those cheap as well.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 AM

Are there shorter shocks that fit into the 600rr? This looks like a 600rr shock but wth do I know... lol.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned

Why don't you ask whoever you bought it from?

You're going to have to try and get a part number or something off that shock/compare it to another one.

You surreeeee it's lowered?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by madman
Why don't you ask whoever you bought it from?

You're going to have to try and get a part number or something off that shock/compare it to another one.

You surreeeee it's lowered?
Its a wrecked bike bought from a junked bike seller. I plan on turning it into a track bike. he probably didn't look at it thoroughly enough.

Im not sure if its lowered, I just find it interesting that the bike is almost centered up on a cut kick stand. A small nudge could knock it over and the kick stand isn't even stock length lol. That's what made me think its lowered.

I'll get her up tomorrow and remove the shock and check for the part numbers. I can't see crap with it on the bike because the swing arm practically covers the whole thing.

Last edited by Dissevered; 01-26-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:51 PM

I figured out how to raise the bike...

Put a frame in it that is straight. lol. I'll be having some words with the guy I bought it from who told me it was straight.

Sad part is, he knew it was messed up. He had 2 sets of pictures up, and upon close inspection, the first set had a full kick stand, yet was up on a rear stand. The 2nd set of pictures were off the rear stand, but the kick stand was cut so that the bike could actually lean over a bit and stay propped up. He knew it was warped and couldn't get the bike to stand up so he cut the kick stand. I hate shady people.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissevered
I figured out how to raise the bike...

Put a frame in it that is straight. lol. I'll be having some words with the guy I bought it from who told me it was straight.

Sad part is, he knew it was messed up. He had 2 sets of pictures up, and upon close inspection, the first set had a full kick stand, yet was up on a rear stand. The 2nd set of pictures were off the rear stand, but the kick stand was cut so that the bike could actually lean over a bit and stay propped up. He knew it was warped and couldn't get the bike to stand up so he cut the kick stand. I hate shady people.
Man that really sucks. Hope it didnt cost you to much.

Quick Reply: How to UN lower my 06 600rr?