How to UN lower my 06 600rr?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to UN lower my 06 600rr?

Previous owner lowered it. I need to get it back to stock. What is the typical procedure people do to lower so I can undo it?

I am an experienced F2 rider and mechanic but completely new to the 600rr, just feeling things out here. I plan ripping the bike all apart just to see what else was goofed with.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you would have to find a set of stock links in order to raise it back to stock.

If they did the front to was it a link or was the suspenion swapped out?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
I think you would have to find a set of stock links in order to raise it back to stock.

If they did the front to was it a link or was the suspenion swapped out?
Not sure what they swapped out front or rear. Like I said, new bike to me so I am not sure what is and isn't out of place.

For the rear, do they swap out both pieces of the linkage or just 1? There is a triangular piece with 3 holes and a bar with 2 holes.

As for the front, I just thought they might just raise the forks in the tree, not sure again if anything was swapped. I can take pics maybe tomorrow. My garage is too damn cold right now haha.

Edit: actually the only reason I knew it was lowered was because the kick stand was cut and the bike still barely leans over when the stand is down lol...

Last edited by Dissevered; 01-23-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:48 PM

For the rear they swap out the one piece with 2 holes. Ive found this thread of a 06 that lowered his bike and it still has photos. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65422

As far as if the front was lowered they may have brought the forks up a bit in the tree but there is only so much you can do with that. They may have cut the springs to lower it as well. That will be hard to tell unless you can get stock lengths and then go in a measure yours.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:40 PM

For the rear they swap out the one piece with 2 holes. Ive found this thread of a 06 that lowered his bike and it still has photos. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65422

As far as if the front was lowered they may have brought the forks up a bit in the tree but there is only so much you can do with that. They may have cut the springs to lower it as well. That will be hard to tell unless you can get stock lengths and then go in a measure yours.
Thanks. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later. :P

Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM

Would anyone here mind measuring the length of the lower tube showing on your front forks just to give me an idea if the springs were cut?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM

I can do it when i get home but im not sure if the 09 differs from the 06?

Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM

I can do it when i get home but im not sure if the 09 differs from the 06?
Not sure... lol

Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Banned

If your aftermarket rear link has 3 holes, the first (tallest) one is more than likely stock height. This was the case on my F4i. Try to find the manufacturer of your link and see if this is the case.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you should have about 0-5mm of exposed fork above the triple. Some racers will go to up to 10mm to help turn-in. Check your service manual if you want the exact spec. Also I think I read that there should be 110-120mm of exposed fork below. You might be able to tell if they adjusted the height by checking for any light corrosion/watermarks on the fork where the triples were set to previously.

As for your kickstand it's probably best to order a new one off ebay and then sell yours as one for a lowered bike, but if it was hardly cut, who knows it might be good enough (mine was).

Last edited by madman; 01-25-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by madman
If your aftermarket rear link has 3 holes, the first (tallest) one is more than likely stock height. This was the case on my F4i. Try to find the manufacturer of your link and see if this is the case.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you should have about 0-5mm of exposed fork above the triple. Some racers will go to up to 10mm to help turn-in. Check your service manual if you want the exact spec. Also I think I read that there should be 110-120mm of exposed fork below. You might be able to tell if they adjusted the height by checking for any light corrosion/watermarks on the fork where the triples were set to previously.

As for your kickstand it's probably best to order a new one off ebay and then sell yours as one for a lowered bike, but if it was hardly cut, who knows it might be good enough (mine was).
here is a pic of the linkage. The length of the bar going across is 7 and 1/4 inches.

The front fork has 4.5 inches of the tube showing at the bottom. Tape measure doesn't have metric. Does this sound normal or low?

Quick Reply: How to UN lower my 06 600rr?