How to Install Turn Signals???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Install Turn Signals???

Does anyone have some instructions on what i need to unscrew to take my stock turn signals up front off so i can install these flush ones in? i havent got the box yet i hope they include some sort of directions on what i need to connect to what and what i need to take off to get there, hopefully someone here can give me tips so i dont screw up haha

Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Default RE: How to Install Turn Signals???

here is my tip...don't do it! haha it sucks. you have to take the front fairing off, then unbolt the nut on the back of the blinkers and then wiring...sounds simple but i had a hell of a time getting the front off. good luck.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM

You dont have to take the front fairing off. I didn't the last time. Just undo the side fairings, and undo the plastic covering underneath the front fairing. Then you can pull out the side of the front fairing and you can fit your hand it there. It takes some work, but you need to pull on it and put your hand it there. You will need a 8mm or a 10mm wrench (I dont remember). It will squeeze your arm, but it is a lot better than taking off the fairing. It may feel that the fairing is going to break, but it takes a lot to break that fairing. Then, you will be able to use some tweezers to get the wires on the outside of the fairing through the hole. Then you can do all the wiring with a lot of room. Its A LOT easier than taking off the Front Fairing. GL

Old 02-27-2007, 07:31 PM

first thing i did to my bike was replace the front and back blinkers ..pretty simple just take your time and watch your wires... like D2 said you dont need to take the fairing off there is simply enough room there when you unbolt it ...

ps. when your done if you turn the key to start and the blinkers dont blink dont worry i had this issue and was about to loose it.. start the bike and watch em blink i dunno why this is the way it is on my bike maybe because i never added resistors...any who best of luck and have fun

Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 AM

haha oh man this sounds like i need to take a day off to work on this...haha man this is gonna be fun haha =\

Old 02-28-2007, 03:05 AM

I assume you got the hotbodies. I had to take the front cowl off. It is a giant pain in the ***. A list of things to know as follows:

1. No big deal taking the front cowl off, but good luck getting it back on. Aligning the airducts while forcing it to fit is NO fun!
2. The hot bodies flush mount kit broke when I barely tightened it.
3. If you insist on doing this, find some rubber washers that will fit on the outside of the fairing in between the flush mount and the fairing(there are two that came on the back turn signals: I wish I had noticed this when I was doing it), otherwise the lights will twist and eventually losen. Of course, causing you to have to repeat taking off thecowl to tighten them.

The Honda dealership where I bought my bike said they would install them for only $50. I love working on my bike, but I would strongly recommend paying someone else for the headache and heartache.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:07 AM

Why the hell did you have to take off the FF?

Old 02-28-2007, 03:59 AM

I got the lockheart flushmounts, and it took me damn 3-4 hours to install those biotches. DO NOT remove the front fairing, like D2M said, you can loosen everything to where you can just fit your hand in there. The bolts are pretty easy to take off for the stock blinkers, and then just cut those cords(unless your kit comes with an adapter, I had to cut mine). Lol the first time I hooked them up wrong and a spark came out from the wires, and I heard a pop from my front fuse unit. I thought nothing of it, and rewired and switched everything the correct way. Then when I went to test drive I realized that my rpm, speedometer, temp gauge, and fuel gauge didn't light up. Scared the **** outta me. But as you can guess, that "pop" was that fuse blowing, Giving it to honda for stashing those spare fuses lol.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have (still) the Rizoma Zero turnsignals on order (for front and back), when I was rewiring my HID kit, I was kind of poking around, just to see how I would go about swapping the turnsignals. Honestly, it doesn't look that difficult, you just have to be clever with how you go about doing it.

Can't wait for those Rizomas though ($33 bucks per signal), but at least they aren't as expensive as the overpriced Watsens.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM

Rizomas are the shiznit!!!!!!

Quick Reply: How to Install Turn Signals???