How come my 600rr sucks at power wheeling?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005 | 04:42 PM
Default RE: How come my 600rr sucks at power wheeling?

Hey, im 25 and a father too.....

Now I just need that front to come up alittle higher.....

Old 08-05-2005 | 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TH0001

Hey, im 25 and a father too.....

Now I just need that front to come up alittle higher.....
Well then I guess I am just a *****. I see no need for it. Just like I see no need to go 100 or more. Just think it isn't that smart. Just like not wearing a helmet. Oh well. I guess have fun...........

Old 08-06-2005 | 12:29 AM

I don't consider anyone who has a personal comfort level that is different them mine a *****. Actually I have never understood why people use the word "*****" as a derogatory term since everyone I know who uses it that way like *****.

Anyway, I'm 36, I have a 12 and 15 year old and cant wait to buy a 1000RR so I can wheelie easier. I also am looking for a wrecked F4i or 636 to turn into a stunt bike so I can learn some slow wheelies and stopies without the worry of crashing my "good" bikes.

To each his/her own, live and let live, excreta, excetra….

Old 08-06-2005 | 11:48 PM

Yeah I'm lookin for an older f2 or f3 to fix up and stunt with. As far as why I like to wheelie... and why climb over 100mph... it's just a rush. Sure there's a higher level of risk associated with those... but there's a time and a place to do those things. And I figure... life is short anyway. I believe all of us with sportbikes get to scratch a little bit more off of life. We get to experience a rush and a thrill thats impossible unless you ride. I, for one, will remember these experiences the rest of my life.

Old 08-07-2005 | 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: RiPTOR

Yeah I'm lookin for an older f2 or f3 to fix up and stunt with. As far as why I like to wheelie... and why climb over 100mph... it's just a rush. Sure there's a higher level of risk associated with those... but there's a time and a place to do those things. And I figure... life is short anyway. I believe all of us with sportbikes get to scratch a little bit more off of life. We get to experience a rush and a thrill thats impossible unless you ride. I, for one, will remember these experiences the rest of my life.
I totally agree. I love to ride my bike. I have only had it about a month and I can't imagine life without it. I love to take it out and just ride. It is a great experience. Like all things in life I choose not to stunt. I don't look down on those that do. I just hope that everyone does it safely. I am a big fan of safety gear and trying to be safe as possible. I am also a (insert term here as I would normally say *****) and there is no way I would have the ***** to try it.

Old 08-08-2005 | 10:13 AM

I hear ya Josh. Just whippin around on 2 wheels, stayin under 100mph is still a thrill of it's own. You mention you don't look down on us that choose to expereince the "other side" of what these machines can do. Just know we don't look down on you at all either. I too am a fan of gear, I can never stress it enough. Just dont be surprised... you've had the bike a month... wait till you grow more and more comfortable with the bike as time goes by and your experience as well... you may just find yourself pushing new limits

Old 08-09-2005 | 06:11 PM

I agree with rip!!! As you grow more and more comfortable on the bike, you'll stretch out there and make new "boundries" to "not pass" for yourself! And, I am inbetween ALL of you!!! I love riding to the EDGE! But, I do it in moderation, and "SAFER" areas!!! With gear on!!! I DO ride around town without a lid, SOMETIMES. But, if I know I'm going to be on the highway, or a little wheelie action....The lid and jacket go on!

Oh, and on a side note!!! About how to wheelie these.......I'm going to start a new thread so read that!!!!

Old 08-11-2005 | 11:46 PM

for anyone who is serious about wheelies: you NEED to learn to clutch wheelies. they are more difficult to perfect do to the amount of control you have over the power and clutch, but it is the only way to get consistent wheelies as you get better. if nothing else, search the net for clutch wheelies. i ride with a stunt riding group and know from each of them that clutching is the way to go. find someone who is experienced and take lessons. by figuring it out on your own you run a HUGE risk of downing your bike. so unless you have a stunt bike, learn from someone that knows this stuff. clutching them will allow you to do them from a dead stop, rather than 40+. i've tried both and learned that clutching takes longer, but gets easier in the long run. do yourself a favor and learn to clutch, but not on your own

Old 09-08-2005 | 12:59 PM

i went down one in front and up three in the back.... now when i hit the throttle no matter what rpm in first.. the front is coming up. the rpms just determine how fast. i was told if you plan on doing wheelies alot (like me) then you should think about stiffining your shocks cause you dont want them to bottom out if you accidently slam down ( almost tipped over once and i let go of the throttle and man were my gonads hurtin).
when i first got my bike i set bounderies like i wouldnt wheelie endo or burnout. well i know i wont burnout cause its just too expensive.. lol. im still not doing endos.... altho i tried just once yesterday to see if i could.. but 2 months ago i did a wheelie and i havent stoped ever since. not a good thing.... i just got a 200$ ticket... and he was being nice and gave me a "military discount" he shoulda arrested me, towed my bike, taken away my liscence, and put me in jail. so im happy.

Old 09-09-2005 | 02:27 AM

Ive never had a problem wheelying my 6rr...

Its made to sit at balance point lol... although BALANCE POINT IS ALOT FURTHER BACK than gxsrs or my cousins old f4.... it will wheelie if you know how to do it.

Try to learn over on THIS bike is my suggestion, cause ive never had a problem. Neither has my friends with 6rr's down here... In fact, I basically stunted mine... I could do clutchups in 5th and 6th... balance point in 5th easy....

GEARING

Quick Reply: How come my 600rr sucks at power wheeling?