Hopefully my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully my new bike

Well ive only had my 02' F4i for one summer (summer of 08) and have loved it!! thought for sure id keep her for at least 1 more summer? then i see an 07 RR for $6900 with 7000km's approx on the dial. Its at a dealer, and looks mint!! love the blue silver color as well ( was my fav) so now im looking at picking that up w a price like that its hard to pass up. Does anyone know the blue book valve for the 2007 600RR? reason i ask is if i get her id have to pay higher of 2 prices (price paid)vs (blue book) tax only 7% of value.keep in mind im up here in Canada near Ottawa
DAMN IM EXCITED!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Default RE: Hopefully my new bike

Suggested retail $7390. Trade-in is $5100. That is using Detroit as an example city. KBB doesn't like Canada.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll prob get alot of different answers from the guys in the states that will say thats way to much.. me being in canadaand knowing the prices of bikes around hereand having picked up an 07 in the summer myself, i say go for it, its a hell of a deal in this area.. im about 3 hours outside of ottawa. i paid 8500 for mine with 1500km on it. i got a really good deal on my trade in (6500 for an 03RR) I GAURANTEE you that you will be happy with the 07, its an incredible peice of machinery for sure!!! As far as taxes go, you'll only play tax on the 6900 if your buying it from the dealer. they only use the bluebook value if its a Private Sale and you go to register it and the sale price is lower then the blue book. And even with that i found out an interesting peice of information, the blue book is for private car/truck purchases only, i bought my 03 privately and when i went to register it, buddy there told me they dont have a way of pricing motorcycles, i could have went with a reciept from the guy i got the bike from for like 500 bucks and thats the ammount i would have to pay tax on.. interesting....

sorry for the long post..

p.s you have reason to be excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 AM

Get her man and post up some pics when you get it home...you'll love the nex gen rr.. About as perfect a bike as it gets [8D]

Old 12-07-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr.Fingers

you'll prob get alot of different answers from the guys in the states that will say thats way to much.. me being in canadaand knowing the prices of bikes around hereand having picked up an 07 in the summer myself, i say go for it, its a hell of a deal in this area.. im about 3 hours outside of ottawa. i paid 8500 for mine with 1500km on it. i got a really good deal on my trade in (6500 for an 03RR) I GAURANTEE you that you will be happy with the 07, its an incredible peice of machinery for sure!!! As far as taxes go, you'll only play tax on the 6900 if your buying it from the dealer. they only use the bluebook value if its a Private Sale and you go to register it and the sale price is lower then the blue book. And even with that i found out an interesting peice of information, the blue book is for private car/truck purchases only, i bought my 03 privately and when i went to register it, buddy there told me they dont have a way of pricing motorcycles, i could have went with a reciept from the guy i got the bike from for like 500 bucks and thats the ammount i would have to pay tax on.. interesting....

sorry for the long post..

p.s you have reason to be excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLThx guys, ill be calling the dealer on Monday. Ya i believe they take higher of A sale price or B blue book value, this is of course to prevent someone from saying they paid like you said $500. Im sure ill be on the hook for $400 or so? ill see if dealer can make up a reciept for less than what theyre offering? Too bad its not local, although im going to the Toronto Bike show in Jan, ill prob bring my F4i up w me for dealer to look at, it would be ideal if i could bring back my RR same trip?? guess ill have to see how things turn out?
Im like a kid at Christmas!!!! Its REALLY going to be hard to bring her home only to put her to bed

Old 12-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Only a private sale like you said, this will be from a dealer so hopefully i wont pay anything then?

Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Old 12-07-2008, 02:53 PM

GREAT looking bike

Old 12-07-2008, 04:22 PM

so shiney!!! i bet it still has that new bike smell

Old 12-07-2008, 05:03 PM

New tires were just put on Mich Pilots i believe, w 7000K its def possible,also theres a tank pad (black) and a fender eliminator w flush mounts (looks like stock light is still there)
only thing ill do is prob flush mount sigs up front and maybe a windscreen? not sure what color though smoke, chrome, blue??