HONDA vs SUZUKI

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HONDA vs SUZUKI

i'm tryin to find something out for a buddy of mine cus i cant find ANY information for a friend. Ok i drive an 07 600rr and he has an 07 gsxr 600. we both swapped and rode each others bikes last night. Mine is NOTICEABLY faster. I have gone down 1 in my front gear and put on exhaust...thats it. He couldn't believe mine was so much fast.I can clutch my bike up in first gear at 14 or 15 mph.i couldn't hardly get his tire off the ground clutchin at 42 mph in first gear.I finally did but it took alot of work!Ok another buddy of mine has the samegsxr and his is the exact same way. What i'm tryin to find out is if the 07 gsxr has the butterfly valves? And if so can they be takin out or would that screw the bike up? I know the yamaha has the limiter where it only has 60% of the power until 7k rpm.Did suzuki do the same with the butterfly? I dn't know anything about sudooki so don't hate!just helpin out a friend. those bastards on the suzuki forum havn't answered back. prob don't know anything....hell i don't know anything myself!!lol

Old 05-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Default RE: HONDA vs SUZUKI

tell your buddy to buy a honda...

Old 05-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered Users
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gotobatter

+1

Old 05-22-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: bieniu

ORIGINAL: gotobatter

+1
and 2 here..

Old 05-22-2008, 10:16 PM

Tell him to go down a tooth in the front and then swap. If his his bike still feels gay laugh at him and say should went Honda. But really once he goes -1 in the front like yours is his will feel the same. Suzuki makes good bikes it's too bad they have a squid rep.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:31 AM

ORIGINAL: champ24

Tell him to go down a tooth in the front and then swap. If his his bike still feels gay laugh at him and say should went Honda. But really once he goes -1 in the front like yours is his will feel the same. Suzuki makes good bikes it's too bad they have a squid rep.
They're good, but they're no Honda.

I think they have a squid rep is because everyone who thinks it's a good idea to get a first bike goes out and buys a brand new gsxr 1k. I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard of this happening, so stupid!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:19 AM

+1 to the gearing. Dropping a tooth, plus the already meaty mid-range of the 07/08 CBR and his GSXR isn't going to feel "quick" down low at all.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 PM

wow, ive not been on this site forever!
anyway, what do you mean butterfly valve????? take a look at what it is and more likely you'll answer your own question regarding the valve.
as far a 60% @7k rpm crap; again its pretty much the same story... what do you mean 60%? of the total power of the motor or the power that should be @ 7k rpm?
it can be said that your bike produces 60% of the total power at 6k rpm, whats wrong with that?
it sounds to me that you and your homies are just in a pissing contest and there are words thrown around and technical info and no means of understanding what was stated by you or them.

for most part, i think its very difficult to control the valve for a certain range. especially on a high rev ultra-fast responding bike. its a mechanical nightmare to do something like that. its easier to control that with fuel intake rate.
the bikes response time is determined by how quickly will the cpu process input (throttle roll) and carry out the tast (fuel to which cyclinder and how much).

Old 05-24-2008, 05:59 AM

You have to clutch it at 14 mph to get it up in 1st? Hell, just snap the throttle. Mine stock comes up at 20-25 by just snapping the throttle in 1st.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:41 AM

well the yamaha wnt have full throttlepower until after 7 rpms. It has a lag on purpose for whatever reason,thats yamaha for ya....great thinkin yamaha!!!. buy one and you'll see what i mean. Well when i snap the throttle at 25 it'll stand up but when i clutch it up at 14 it comes up quicker and i get a longer wheelie cus is doesn't take as long to get up. I dn't know if goin down a tooth would make it like mine cus mineNEVER felt like that even when i drove it off the lot!! i love honda, honda is the best. a buddy of mine got a new sudooki 1000 and he already has busted fork seals. had mine for a while and they still good. I told he shoulda got a honda. but yeah the butterfly valves is what i'm talkin about. i think they have secondary butterfly valves. i guy i ride with said he took the secondaries out of a suzuki 1000 so it wouldn't have the lag

Quick Reply: HONDA vs SUZUKI