Is a honda cbr 600rr a good starter bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile re:

thank you guys for your post very informative. Now what kind of mods is a must you know for a cbr 600 anything i should do to it and if so why what diffrence does it make to the bike? sorry for the questions im new to this site and the cbr600 will be the first bike i ever own.im excited just thinking about having a cbr 600

Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 PM

I live in LA and have a big hardened steel chain. If you want my bike you will either need to disassemble the rear end or bring power tools. I park it in my driveway where I can hear noises. The alarm sounds like a good option for your situation.
Enjoy the CBR.
mikey

Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Default cycle shell

Since you have no garage, consider the Cycle Shell: http://www.cycleshell.com/
You can put the bike away hot and it closes fast. Nobody can tell what's inside, so that deters thieves already. I keep mine inside the shell with two locks, one rear disc and one u-lock in front w/cable through the rear tire. When you park the bike away from home, always leave the bike in gear and lock the wheel. I also put the same two locks on for extra security. Anchoring it to the ground at home is another way to make it VERY difficult to take. I've considered the Scorpio (sounds/looks sweet), but so far the locks and shell have kept it secure.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Default re:

sounds good anyone of you guys have tips on what should i mod on it and what exactly does the mod do if its just for look or performance etc etc thanks guys you guys are very very helpful

Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie_Ryan
a company called scorpio makes an alarm called the sri 900. It has two way capability and shows you (on a little remote) if the bike is being moved, tilted or started. It also has a shutoff or "anti hijack" function if someone gets your bike started.that works pretty well. also a big chain. Thats what i used to do
I live in the DFW area and I recently purchased one. It was some what expensive, but is well worth the price, considering the features that it comes with. It is exactly like you said with the sensors, and when the fob that it comes with gewts so far from the bike it automaticcally kills the engine if it is running. My cousin tried this out and it works perfectly.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM

I have just received my license and have made up my on the cbr600rr I have been riding dirt bikes my whole life and just leaving the Drifting sport so I hope to be okay
I was wondering what you more experienced riders thought of the 09 cbr600rr PHOENIX design??

Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Default just go easy on that throttle!

If you have been riding dirtbikes a lot, you are well ahead of the game. A bike reacting a little weird, the back end sliding out, all stuff you are used to.

What you are not used to is the horsepower. These newer 600 rr type machines can put 105+ horsepower down at the back wheel. This is serious stuff. There are liter+ bikes on the market that can't make this much power.

Just take it easy on the throttle, and learn the nuances of street riding, and you will be fine.

I would never recommend a bike like this to someone on their first time out. Something like a used SV650 or Ninja 250 makes a whole lot more sense for the first year.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 AM

on the security front- London's bike theft is ridiculously high. There is one solution and its ground anchoring, on my custom scooter I only parked it places where it was ground anchored to someting secure, that with a big waterproof cover and I had her on the street for 6 months and she was secure. They key is to have your license plate on velcro that way you can remove it when parking. In London they come by in a van and couple of big guys just pick them up, they did it to my friends Duc' one night when he couldnt be bothered to chain it up..

Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by dome1218
i never forget the keys in nyc if you forget your cell phone in lets say the post office you'll never see it again at all. is there some sort of security i can put on the bike so it will be there the next morning when i wake up? one more question i will be using the cbr600rr to work everyday and of course to show it off as it is a beautiful bike now during that intense useage will that put a strain on my back or neck being that ill be in the racing stance everyday?
I think a sportbike for city riding will be most uncomfortable for someone your size. Hard on the wrists going slow like that.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Default new on here and need help

i have a 2003 cbr 600rr and I noticed coolant in the oil, the bike starts right up and no smoke at the exhaust, and temperature runs fine. Most would say it's the head gasket but i don't think so. My friend had this prob and it was the water pump would i be correct to assume this

Quick Reply: Is a honda cbr 600rr a good starter bike?