Hmm....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm....

I know this might not be in the right place, but on the way home yesterday i was doin some random thinkin (like i always do). Came up with three things to ponder:

One:
One or two of the guys that i ride with ride the 919's (naked). I've found that these bike handle very well, but the bars feel more like you're riding a dirtbike. Thought--what if you were to take off the handlebar, and mount clip-ons? Would you then have a naked-looking bike that sat much more like a CBR? And handled better?

Two:
What if frame sliders, instead of being solid metal or composite that just grinds off as the bike slides, had small rollers in the ends of them? So, instead of just grinding along the pavement for however many yards your bike goes, (possibly even grinding down to the point of scratching your plastic anyways), it would slide on the end of the frame sliders, not really damaging the bike OR sliders?

Three:
I'm still pretty set on figuring out a set of tail sliders. I think that maybe by boring a hole on either side of the tail fairing (like you need to do with the frame sliders), one could utilized the many holes on the subframe. This would cause the bike to fall on the handlebar, frame slider, and tail slider---touching no plastic whatsoever.

Sorry for my rambling....it can be a long ride sometimes!!!!

-Adam

Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Hmm....

Or maybe even helmet sliders.....................................yeah.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Default RE: Hmm....

Lol now theres an idea....while we're at it, how bout a detachable head? Or do we already have that?