Hit a cone today, cracked fairings

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit a cone today, cracked fairings

So I was riding to work this morning and a truck in front of me hit a decent sized orange cone and flipped it right into my path of travel. Even with my catlike reflexes and my mad ninja skills, hitting it was evident, as there were cars on both sides of me, so I rode straight over it without creating any angles. It made a loud "thud" when I hit it but I figured it did no damage. I get to work and take a look at the bike and *GASP* my right side lower fairing and mid fairing are cracked! There is also some damage to the mid fairing on the left side, but it is very minimal. Since I'm at work right now I don't have a camera, so I can't post pics of the carnage, sorry.

My question to you is, where can I get replacement fairings that are high quality at a low price? I would prefer the honda fairings because the color match would be perfect, but I suppose I could get some primed ones and have someone paint them. Any thoughts while I cry?

Papi

Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Hit a cone today, cracked fairings

Holy crap Papi...say it isnt so [:@]

At least your ok mang. Obviously your dealership can get anything you need brand new...I got my Red lowers from dealership...but it will cost you. Look at the parts forum on here...and maybe post a "I want to buy fairings" thread. Ebay always has all kinds of stuff...look long enough and you will find what you need. The only problem with having fairings painted is itwont get that match your looking for. That's why I bought the red lowers...then sold my black ones. Wanted the factory look....

Good luck !!

Red

Old 02-29-2008, 12:45 PM

Call the county/city department, report it with them and suggest that they need to pay for it. I know some guys that have hit "potholes" and it ruin their tires and the county reimbursed for the cost of new tires. May not work for you, but worth a shot.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Papi! Sorry to hear this! .. Glad it didn't take you down though. Only places I know of where you can get OEM parts is the dealership or Ebay off of a used bike(which isn't so bad sometimes).

Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, thank goodness for your crazy mad ninja skills. Like the others said, I'd check ebay. When I stll had my Ninja, I got some great quality fairings for dirt cheap there.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:47 PM

the pics don't really show what's going on due to the lighting conditions right now, but you get the idea. i guess what i need is a source for dirt cheap OEM fenders...no luck on ebay

up until this point my bike was perfect and pristine, but now it's bastardized! fawk

there arethree pluses to this situation that i can see:
1. after i buff out the scratches (if that's even possible), i am going to be left with the cracks, which are low on the bike and most won't notice when giving it a once over (though they will open up more and more with wind resistance and time)
2. this does allow me to actually buy the black mids which i never would have done
3. i did stay at a holiday inn express last night

Old 02-29-2008, 10:40 PM

LOL..at least you still have your sense of humor Papi!! If you buy everything from the dealer...looking at your damage..it will run 600.00 plus dollars. 330 for the mids...300.00 for the lowers. Keep looking for used if that's too much...you'll find what your looking for

Red [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 PM

I can tell you that the silver mid fairing is $195 at Honda, I just ordered mine yesterday-
I found the bottom left side on ebay for $30- they are out there...trust me...just search patiently.

Sorry about the mess, glad youre ok-
Where are those precious frame slides!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 01:22 AM

the frame sliders would have done nothing here, but i totally here you there. about a month ago, when my rizomas and fender eliminator were being installed, the frame sliders were supposed to be installed at the same time, but they didn't fit. ever since then, i've been thinking about what is next as far as mods, so the cost of the install for the frame sliders would be included (to make it cheaper). well, besides the exhaust and power commander, there is nothing else i really want to do to the bike, besides a seat cowl (which i can actually do myself lol). this little incident pays for the exhaust i wanted and probably the power commander too, so i've got that going for me....which would be nice, if it was actually going towards mods, instead of fixing ****.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:42 AM

Why don't you install you frame sliders yourself? I did mine no prob!
....sucks *** about the cone! Cone:1 - CBR:0

Quick Reply: Hit a cone today, cracked fairings