HID questions...again

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID questions...again

ok.....so, i'm really close to buying an HID kit for my RR. i've asked questions before when i first purchased my RR, and now have a few final questions.

does anyone know if i would need adaptor rings?? and what exactly do they do? from what i've gathers, they focus the beam better? and do i necessarily need these? i thought that as long as i got them with H7 bulbs, it should pretty much be plug and play type of deal.

in terms if hidding the ballasts/ignitor, i'm thinking of fastening it behind some fairing somewhere....not sure where yet. i saw a pic of chainstretcher's set up, but would rather perfer something a little less obscure and out of sight. any other suggestions on where to hide this?

anyone know of any "good" deals on these HID kits? i'm looking for a quality kit, but looking for a bargin at the same time (which i'm sure is what everyone wants with everything).

Old 06-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Default RE: HID questions...again

Check ebay. THere are some good deals. And try out THESE GUYS Hope this helps

J

Old 06-02-2006, 06:47 AM

You sure you really need them? They're nice, but you could save some money for other mods and just get some xenon HID H7 bulbs. That's what I did and I think they look just as good as my buddy's bike who's got HIDs.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:45 PM

Hey I just got a kit, which is real nice...... I haven't installed yet...
I paid 275 shipped from superbikesupply.com, call them and ask for Brad, tell him you belong to this forum........

Old 06-02-2006, 04:09 PM

YOu only need the H7 adapters if your using D2S or D2R bulbs. You modify the D2S or D2R bulb and it will fit using the H7adapter. From your post, it seems like your are buying H7 HID bulbs, which have the same base as a regular H7 bulb and do not need modifying; they are plug and play.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

You sure you really need them? They're nice, but you could save some money for other mods and just get some xenon HID H7 bulbs. That's what I did and I think they look just as good as my buddy's bike who's got HIDs.
The absolute best mod you can do for your bike hands down. Even the people you ride w/ can benefit from these lights. Can't see can't ride. I tell everyone to invest in just one. I can't even imagine what riding w/ two is like. Personlly you don't do this mod for "looks". Coolblues and silvstar don't even come close to the brightness of a hid system.
smarterben I got my kit from http://www.xenondepot.com/index.php and I didn't need an adapter ring.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:04 PM

awesome...thanks for the replies. i think i am going to order them today...but was wondering where people hide their ballasts/ignitor?

*** i just ordered a kit off ebay....hopefully they'll be here in a few days*****

need to figure out where to mount these bad boys

Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 PM

anyone have any pix of their set up?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: smarterben

anyone have any pix of their set up?
Here is one I found: http://www.1000rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16983

Old 06-09-2006, 01:52 PM

I have my mounted on the left side of the bike right below the radiator hose, there's a spot just big enough for you to put the box in. If you want I'll take a picture of it later.

Question, do you have a limited edition Daijiro helmet or is it just your profile pic?

Quick Reply: HID questions...again