help probs with new indicators

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help probs with new indicators

hi all i hope your all enjoying easter! i would like some help. i have just fitted some led indicators to my 03 cbr600 rr and they worked with flashing while i was testing them. and when all finished they now work but dont flash also my brake light does not work. the shop sold me a relay but i could not find where it is on the bike so could not change it. does any body know how to slove this problem or give any advice. thanks for any info. mark

Old 04-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Default RE: help probs with new indicators

the relay is integrated with the dash, so the only replacement would be a new dash. did you put them up front, or in back? If you brake light doesn't work, does the running brake light work? if not, check your fuses located under the left midfairing.

as for why the signlas no longer function as signals, do you also have LEDs in the back? Have you checked to make sure they are wired correctly?

Old 04-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have replaced all of your signals with LED's......they will NOT flash at all....they just stay on. The relay (as slugger has said) is built into a freakin' circuit board, which means we have to wire in those awful resistors (which get damn hot) so make sure to mount them in a place that won't melt easy. (for example: NOT on a fairing or up against a fairing)

To get a fast flash...you wire in two resistors (one on each side). To get the slower "stock" flash, you need to wire in 4 resistors (one for each signal). I just wired in two because I think the fast flash catches cagers attention more so than the stock flash.

As for the brake light not functioning, I can't help you there. I wired in all my lights and only encountered the "no flash" problem. I didn't run into the no brake light problem.

(also, I got my resistors from a local autoparts store. They're about 10 bucks for a pair of them.)

Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 AM

thanks for the advice guys i will give it ago.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: alextreme

hi all i hope your all enjoying easter! i would like some help. i have just fitted some led indicators to my 03 cbr600 rr and they worked with flashing while i was testing them. and when all finished they now work but dont flash also my brake light does not work. the shop sold me a relay but i could not find where it is on the bike so could not change it. does any body know how to slove this problem or give any advice. thanks for any info. mark
Mark,

I had the same problem with my 2003when Iinstalled an integrated tail light andL.E.D front signals. The flash was so fast thattheturn signalslooked likethey were on all of the time.

I didthe simple fix by returning the L.E.D. front turn signals and purchasedshort stalk lights withincandecent bulbs. The older bulbs draw more watts and will reduce the flash rate. It will flash faster than the stock signals, but, you won't need to wire in those resistors that get hot. I just chalked the fast blink rate up to saftey (the flashis definately more noticable from a car or truck).

If you haven'tcut the wires for yourfront or rear signals yet you may not need to. Run over to your nearest dealership and have them order you some indicator connectors form Lockhart Phillips for Kawasaki/Honda. This will allow you to plug the old syle "bullet connectors" into your stock "micro connectors". The rear is pretty much plug-and-play.
The front signalis a littlemore difficult. You will need to have a fine tool that is bevelled and narrow enough to disconnect the micro connector (a dental tool works great) from the inside. It's the stock "micro connector" that "un-snaps" from the wiring and leads to the stock turn signal. You want to retain the plastic clip.The lockhart Phillips connector is not a direct fit. Once you have the wire from the Lockhart Phillips connectorout of the plastic connector all you'll need tho do is snap those into the correctmicro slots in the stock connector and you are ready to plug it back in and go.

Oh, by the way RummbleBeeand I did this to his 1999 CBR600F4too. It workedlike a charm.Kind of a long winded post but, I hope this helps. Good luck with your project.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 AM

Before ou go through that. Actually start the bike, let it run a minute, then hit the flasher button to each side real quick and then try to turn them on. The first time you hook them up it takes a second. But you need to start the bike to try it.