HELP...My legs are killing me

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...My legs are killing me

First of all I am not a complete geezer. I am 34.

Actually it's my hip, especially my right hip. I noticed last summer that my hip would start to ache within a half hour of riding. I always hear about needing to "stretch your legs." What do people mean specifically, knees and hips or muscels in general? My back, shoulders, and wrists are fine.

I just got my RR last summer. I hope this is normal and not something that will keep me from riding. Any specifics below the waist would be appreciated.....that didn't sound right. [:@] You know what I mean. Whatever you can suggest would be great.

Thanks.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Default RE: HELP...My legs are killing me

you might try adjusting your position around (kinda like you did to take the weight off your wrists)

if that doesn't work you might try a relocator kit...there are a bunch of different ones....here is an example about half way down the site: Click Me

And if you were taking about any other kind of help down below and you are 34...don't think you will ever get it then

(I'm 32...nice to have other OLD TIMERS here)

Old 03-13-2006, 10:44 PM

My hips used to be the same felt like they were locking up some times. Well with the stock pegs I would lean back with one hand off the bars to get as far back as possible then point my toes at the ground with my heels on the pegs and ride like that for a few minutes then it would go away. I'm not sure which it was that helped but as long as I did that I was fine. I also do the pickin cotton exercise from grade school before I ride and everytime I stop.
With the new pegs, 1 inch up and 1 inch back I expected more problems but they actually make it a little better. The handling changed a lot much better I think.
The only bad thing is my *** hangs outa my pants due to the extra bending. Free crack for everyone, keeps your *** cheeze from building up tho, lots of extra cooling power when your crack is out in the open.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One additional bit of advice would be to exercise if your not. Probably the best leg exercise you could do is the lunge. You can do them with dumb bells but I recommend you start with no weight and do three sets of 12 then when you feel comfortable with that and master doing them with proper form start using 10 or 15 lb. dumb bells. Your wife or girl friend will like the results too because it will tighten up our *** as well as strengthen your hip flexors. One additional note is that I’ve heard Nicky Hayden sits on his bike and grips his tank with his legs for minutes at a time, like 30 minutes at a time if I remember correctly so you might want to try that too. Now 30 minutes strait seems crazy so maybe try to do 30 minutes at a time gripping the tank for two minutes at a time then rest a minute then grip for two for a total of 30. I bet after a few times doing that you will notice a difference.

The following users liked this post:
Kaitlyn Kane (02-27-2021)
Old 03-14-2006, 12:26 AM

I would have to agree with 05Tribal. Exercise. I am 38 and ride my 05 600rr. Remember to workout and keep hydrated. I rode from Long Beach to Vegas in 100+ weather last year without any fatigue or cramping. This CBR is one girlfriend you defiantly don't want to dump you. This is all free advice. Then you can try rear sets, and other stuff.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:15 AM

I do cardio 6 days a week and lift 5; and my legs still have the same issues

they could be right on the exercise issue...but also like anything it also could just be body mechanics...length of femur/tib-fib to arms

I have short arms relative to my legs...so either Heli Bars or Reare Sets for me my friends...not sure of what yet

Old 03-14-2006, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the advise. It seems people can have the same problem.

I am in pretty good shape. 5'10" 185. I am always in the gym too. 5 times a week weights and cardio. I played baseball in college and every other sport you can imagine. Never had hip problems until I started riding the CBR. One other thing. The pain starts in the groin. Do you know if it's a muscle cramp or something else? I also get the ache on the outside of my hip and towards my ****.

Keep the suggestions coming. It really helps.

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Retired Mod

i too have had problems in the past with pain in the hips. kind of a dull, almost numbing, feeling in the hip joint. the best exercises that i found to help this are normal sports stretching. you know, like the kind you did playing football before games. the hurdler stretch: one leg forward and the other bent behind you, lean forward and backwards and every other way that your body will allow you. another stretch that i do is to put my legs infront of me as far apart as i can. then lean forward towards each knee for a few minutes. seems to work well for me. good luck.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Lots of times it just comes down to riding more and more. Most people cant just jump onto a bike for the first time without having any pains. I was the same way. You just need to give your body a chance to get used to riding your bike. They do make aftermarket kits that allow you to raise and lower your foot pegs.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:00 PM

Like everyone else pretty much wrote...hip pain is not the fault of the RR...

My professional advice is to walk it off...........

Quick Reply: HELP...My legs are killing me