Help me with some gift ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with some gift ideas!

Hello!
I am looking for an awesome Christmas gift for my boyfriend and I was wondering first off what to get and where to get them for the best price.
What boots would feel comfortable and look really nice? I was looking at the Teknic brand.
I was also going to get him the Teknic Chicane Leather pants. Can anyone give me some good ideas for a good gift for him? I don't want to go into debt but I really do want to buy him something kinda nice maybe even a full leather suit. I need your help here as I know nothing about this stuff.
Thanks y'aLL

Missy CowGirl_1_1

Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Default RE: Help me with some gift ideas!

Well, I'll help you if you help me, lol. I never know what to get my Fiancee for X-mas :/ ......

I am a huge fan of AlpineStars gear. I have had nothing but awesome results with all of their gear. I had not had any experience with Teknic brand, but I have heard some good things about them. But like I said, I have Alpine boots, gloves, and jacket from them. Any I have a Shift Leather Jacket. Sorry I couldnt answer your question directly, but I thought that I would give you different options. Good Luck

Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM

He would really enjoy a 42" or bigger Panasonic Plasma TV...at least I know thats what I want!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM

what kinda bike does he have.. i know i have my fingers crossed for a slip on or a power commander... do u mainly just wanna stay in the riding gear department?

basicly my g/f already knows she can get me whatever she wants and ill love it as long as it has to do with my double r lol

Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: JAY4151

He would really enjoy a 42" or bigger Panasonic Plasma TV...at least I know thats what I want!!!

Haha, just got a 40' LCD 1080 Sony HDTV, and LOVE IT!!!!! That would be an excellent present too!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 PM

WHY DONT YOU TREAT HIM TO SOME PANTS AND THEN SUPRISE HIM BY TAKING HIM DOWN TO UR LOCAL TRACK . I'D BE THINKIN ABOUT GETTIN THE VIDEO CAMERA OUT AS WELL TO SHOW THE BOYS AFTER . SHOULD GET YOU MAJOR BROWNIE POINTS. i'D BE STOKED.
HOPE MY CHICKS PULL THIS 1 FOR ME THIS CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 11:17 PM

How about a gift certificate to his favorite motorcyle accessory store. Iron Pony, Competition Accessories, Chaparral, J&P, Dennis Kirk, Starcycle, MAW, etc. That way he can get something he wants. Anyway, just my 2 cents. LOL.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:18 AM

If he doesn't have a pipe, I would definitely get him that first. As far as gear, I love Icon gear! www.rideicon.com It looks nice, somewhat affordable and comfortable. I would love for my wife to get me a gift card (Visa debit card), so I could buy whatever gear I wanted from anyone. If you know what he likes...you can always surprise him by taking him to a store and telling him to pick what he wants. That would be cool too! Lucky guy!

Old 11-28-2006, 11:01 AM

Thanks y'all!
Awesome ideas about the gift cards, shopping spree, and the track riding! I love it!
I DO have one question... What is a Pipe? Where can I get one online and what would go well with his black Honda CBR 600RR?

D2MEclipseGT_600RR... as far as what to get your Fiancee' for Christmas if she is Not Materialistic which believe it or not most of us ladies really aren't I would say a gift card to her favorite store and your time with her. I personally love when I feel appreciated and it makes me go the extra mile to be sweet to him. (Like surfing around on motorcycle chat forums for hours in order to find him the perfect gift) Take a few hours to spend with her and tell her that you want to take her shopping. Let her know what you think looks great on her. She will appreciate the compliments from you. You will both benefit from it because she will feel confident wearing what she KNOWS you think looks good on her and you will have a great-looking girl with what you like to see her in. For me I only want to look my best for him and if he goes with me shopping (and doesn't rush me---patience is good for ALL involved in relationships) I get his opinion and I get to spend time with him as well. I think the most important thing is your time here... it will mean more to her than new clothes I'm sure of it.
The way to look at it may be: Wouldn't you be appreciative if she took time to learn about what you love? Your motorcycle! I'm sure you would be happy if she took you to a motorcycle shop and spent time helping you pick out stuff that she thought you looked nice in or that she thought made you look sexier on your bike?

Sorry that got long winded but I thought that might be a good way to offer some good ideas since y'all gave me good advice.
Happy Holidays!!!

Missy Cowgirl_1_1

Old 11-28-2006, 11:36 AM

As for the first part, a pipe is an exhaust. That all depends on which bike he has. Yoshimira and Two Bros are good slip ons. Just depends on which type of sound he likes if thats what he is going for. But I would get him some boots and a jacket first. I dont know how much, if any, he does track days, but if he doesnt do many, I dont know how much he would need pants, just my opinion.

As for the second part, you need to write a book, lol. I already got her her own riding jacket, and a gift card to Victoria's (no so) Secret. Thanks for the ideas!!!!

Good luck on your gifts

Quick Reply: Help me with some gift ideas!